service provider vs phone manufacturer
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

Questions:  Why do I drop so many calls on the Note 3 and note 4?  How to fix?

I have had a samsung galaxy note 2 (also have an iphone 4) for 2 yrs with no probs. Tried a note 3 last yr and it dropped all my calls in my area.  then in Nov, I tried a note 4 and same thing happened.  Tried the Note 4 again yesterday. Same thing, 14 out of 15 calls dropped in the same area that the note 2 and iphone have no probs.  So there is an issue related to the galaxy note 3 & 4 at the very least.  I am reading that all samsung galaxys have inferior antennas and that they are sufficient in strong reception areas but they fail far more often than other phones in spotty areas. Every verizon employee acts like this is news to them but I see it all over the internet.  So is it the carrier, the carrier towers or the phones?  Why is it my responsibility to troubleshoot this?  Why is it Verizon's responsibility to troubleshoot it.  Why isn't Samsung on this or do they just play the odds, make a cheaper product and assume that for the majority of the users that the mediocre equipment will be sufficient (and tough luck for everybody else)?  If you're selling a product in my neighborhood, it should work in my neighborhood.  You can't just shake your head and say, "yeah, that area is spotty" because I have no probs with my old, beat up phone - but I want to upgrade and I am paying a small fortune to have that kind of equipment.  If my service area isn't sufficient, maybe I should get a monthly rebate for my hardships? Answer:  fix the issues with the galaxy note 4!  Come here and I will show you in 15 minutes what is happening.  Boom, your turn.

0 Likes
Re: service provider vs phone manufacturer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colfrmb2,

Having reliable service is definitely a must. I can definitely understand how frustrating it can be to have your calls drop. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Where are you having the issues with dropped calls (city, state, and zip code)? Does it happen only while indoors or at a specific location? How long are you on the call before it drops?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

I have problems within 2 miles or so of my address. Today I went into town, to the mall and the further I got into the mall the worse the reception was with the note 4. I never had that problem with the note 2.sometimes the call will disconnect on the first ring and they won't even go further than the first ring.

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

Castle  rock, colorado. 80104.  I have walked through this mall in lone tree Colorado  talking on my note 2 with no problem but today with a note four it is virtually impossible

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

colfrmb2,

Thanks for the additional info! Service indoor can be challenging because there are many factors out of our control that can interfere with the signal. Are you only having these issues while indoors at the mall?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

I understand what you're saying about being inside. My note 2 does not have this problem in this same location.  outside the mall the reception was fine. The mall reception was incidental. I am concerned about reception in general which is particularly evident in the area where I live. They just put a new SIM card in my phone and I drove back to the area and immediately within about three miles of my residence I dropped a call I had been talking on for 10 minutes

0 Likes
hhmr1984

I just upgraded my iPhone to note 4 and have dropped multiple calls in my home and never had in the past with the iPhone. I'm extremely frustrated. I also am in 80104. Please help. This is way ridiculous. I need to know if I can go trade in this device before my 14 days are up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hhmr1984,

I understand your concerns as well.  We'd definitely like you to be able to keep your new Note 4 and obtain reliable service on the device.  Is this only happening indoors for you? Is the Note 4 functioning properly in other locations? Has anyone else dropped calls in this location recently? Please share some additional details. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
hhmr1984

Do far only indoors at my house. My husband just got the s5 and has had zero issues. I just did a hard reset and also removed and replaced Sim card and still having issues. If this continues what are my options. I don't think I should pay a restock fee if I decide to switchange back to iPhone

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

Its been 7 days with the iphone 6+ and I have not dropped a single call either inside or outside in the area where 2 different Samsung Galaxy Note 4's and a Note 3 all dropped 99% of the calls.