"Upgrading" Note 7
Note7
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I heard about the 100 dollars for exchanging the Note 7 in for another Samsung device.  Sounded good.  I went to store.  They said they would also give me the down payment and taxes back for the Note 7.  Sounds great!  They said I needed to do it online though.

After 3 hours of using the chat customer service, talking to a service agent on the phone, then their supervisor, and then going back to the store, this is how much "upgrading" the Note 7 will cost me today.

Due Today - 250.56

Down payment - 159.00

Taxes - 71.56

Upgrade fee - 20.00 (LOL)

So I guess the 100 dollars and the old down payment and taxes will be applied at some point in the future.  As of today, if I want to turn in the Note 7, I need to pay 250 bucks.

Basically, out of principle, I'm not doing this.  Paying 250 dollars to turn in a phone that might burn up and maybe I'll get that money back in the future?  I've only been a Verizon customer for roughly two weeks, and this has been the most bizarre customer service experience I've ever had.

Anyways, if anyone else is experiencing something like this, you are not alone.

0 Likes
Re: "Upgrading" Note 7
Note7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I'm not alone lol.  I just registered to make that post and had not read through the other topics.  After looking through them, it makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one that finds this situation strange.

0 Likes