"The security of this network has been compromised..."
MYSBHVN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Upon getting home tonight, my Verizon Samsung Note 8 started getting a popup on the screen as shown below.

https://imgur.com/R0yWwR9

A very quick Google search shows that this has been a recurring problem since early 2018, but I have seen no resolution to it.  

I have verified that my phone is up to date.
I have restarted my phone.
I have rebooted my Xfinity equipment.

Does anybody have any insight into this problem?

Labels (1)
Re: "The security of this network has been compromised..."
Maryyy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same question.... this thread is recent.. and many people are having this same problem.  I find comforting that others are having this problem... although I want to know what this is all about

Irishjimmyward
Enthusiast - Level 1

you mean this? I just got it today and no changes made to my network in past year. No changes to phone today or last week except a recent note 8 update sent out automatically. But this seems more app related. 

Screenshot_20190906-004126_Security & Privacy.jpg

Rovl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having the same issue today on my secure home network after I downloaded and installed the latest software update last night for my S10. 

I found out that the mesage is generated by two Verizon applications, Safely and Safe (Digital Security). Safely is an app that I had downloaded from Google App store and it can easily be uninstalled. The second one, Safe (Digital Security), however, is pre-installed in my Galaxy S10 and can only be disabled which I did and restarted my device. 

This solved the problem.

Thanks 

xWildfir3x

I was just reading all the pass replies from support on this problem and their solution was to disable and ignore the problem. 

For me it started tonight after I got home, started watching TV (I stream everything) and all of a sudden my router (Xfinity)  went into a full random reboot. After it came back on, I started getting this same message on my S8.

0 Likes
Danielsnote8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue here - within the past hour, suddenly I'm being told my home network is compromised. But my router thinks everything is fine. What's going on?

0 Likes
DarkSeedRA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Check out this other thread here. A major issue with Verizon's application. There is nothing wrong with your WiFi or your phone. It is 100% Verizon. I spent an hour on Verizon chat while they tried to tell me my Wifi and my ISP were at fault and to clear my browser cache. Total garbage. In the end, I force stopped the app and uninstalled it. Not something you should normally do with security applications from a "supposedly" reputable company. I am an IT professional and I find the way they have handled this to be extremely poor.

Verizon, just own up to what happened, notify everyone you are working to resolve it, and resolve it!

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Security-and-Privacy-This-network-has-been-...

shephp01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

All you had to do is explain WHY this error is generated. You've had the opportunity to do so since last year. The ineptitude of your representatives is troubling.

I created this forum account today simply to say that after 20 years of loyalty, Verizon has another former customer.

0 Likes
HollyLouise

The safely and safe apps you mention are NOT on my phone and never have been, and I have the same issue everyone else has.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to assist you as much as possible in resolving this issue, HollyLouise. We need to positively identify the specific issue that you are experiencing. Please share a screenshot of the error message that you get on your phone and we'll be able to assist you further.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes