"SIM card not found" and Message+ problems after 05/30/17 update
Misterioso
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 current issues I cannot resolve on my 2+ year old Note 4.  Since the last software update of 05/30/17, my Mobile Data shuts off without warning.  When I try to re-enable it, I receive a "SIM Card not installed" error message.  The only work restore mobile data service is to reboot; mobile data works fine for anywhere from 1 to 4 hours, then it shuts down again.

There was a prior software update last year that caused the same issue.  The 2 fixes I used last year was to 1) wipe the cache from the boot menu and 2) set the network on LTE/CDMA only; these fixes completely resolved the mobile drop out and no sim card found issue.  However, using these 2 solutions has no positive effect this time around with this most recent problem occurrence. 

Also my Message+ version 6.4.212 began to malfunction; apparently it was part of the same software update of 05/30/17.  Every time I shut down my phone and restart it because of the no sim card found issue, using Message + app now requires me to manually restart the messenging service, something I've never had to do. After the message service starts, the app then asks me 1) if I want to create a public profile (I always answer "no") and 2) to key enter my phone number.  After completing these last 2 steps, my Message + app finally opens up and I am able to send and receive text messages. 

The SIM card issue occurs 3-4 times per day requiring a reboot which in turn triggers the Message + issue.  It's a rather painful experience considering my phone was working so well before this last software update. 

Is anyone else having this issues with their Note 4?  If anyone has solved these issues, please describe the fixes.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: "SIM card not found" and Message+ problems after 05/30/17 update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off the phone and removing the SIM card for a minute or so?  Then put the SIM card back in and power up the phone; allowing it to establish a fresh network connection may help.  If not, you may need a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service.

0 Likes
Misterioso
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  I forgot to mention I tested the SIM card.  It works fine in my wife's identical Verizon Note 4 purchased on the same day as my phone. Not mobile data dropouts on her phone.  Not sure why I have issues and she doesn't.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Misterioso We are sorry that you are having issues with your phone and the data. Does this happen at a specific area? Please click the following link and follow the instructions. http://vz.to/2qE8gLn Should you see any alerts click on it and send us a screen shot.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rt44667

hello,

I had the same experience. The error I see that pops up momentarily as it is happening was "sim card removed for protection", before I see "no sim card" or "no sim card detected".   I replaced sim card twice, did all the tricks that I read (rebooting on safe mode and clearing data cache under "storage & USB",  "reset settings" under "backup & reset", removing 3rd party apps that I suspected could be the cause, removing extra virus protection apps (keeping only verizon's "security & privacy".  All these tricks allow my SIM card to be detected again but problem comes back a day or 2 later. 

My last recourse was to do "factory data reset" but I am glad I didn't.   What solved my problem was simply allowing ALL of the built-in apps to "update".  I had been ignoring them because i don't use most of those apps... like google radio, google play books, google play games, etc.   So, after updating all those built-in apps, not only did this problem go away, my battery lasted much much longer.  

0 Likes