phone did factory reset on its own
leprecon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

My phone did a "factory reset" on it's own; now I have to re download from the Cloud.  What would cas the phone to do this on it's own?

Re: phone did factory reset on its own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
leprecon,

Your device doing a reset on its own is certainly out of the norm. I do hope you did not lose much. Sounds like you did have the Cloud backing things up which is great. If your device is doing a reset on it's own it is usually caused by an application or software issue. It is hard to pinpoint what exactly may have caused it. Do you recall anything changing on your device before this happened? Any new apps downloaded or software updates come thorugh?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Mine did this last week. 

Out of the blue while I was taking video it showed the Android on it's back with fatal error dialog, then showed me it was deleting, and then did a boot recovery... Basically did a factory reset... That I did not initiate...

I lost some video I took that hour at my daughter's choir concert, but I am OCD on backing up, so loss was minimal...

Just saying this thread is not an isolated one-off corner case.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a good working is important, and I'm sorry you're having problems with your device. What's the make/model of your phone? Does the phone have any water/physical damage? How's everything working for you now?

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes