notification color
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I recently purchased a note3 and so far everything seems great. My only question is if the 4g symbol is supplied to turn blue like my previous phones? It stays white but everything seems to work. My other android phones always turned blue not long after posting them on. What exactly does it turning blue from white mean? Maybe the note3 doesn't turn blue being it's running 4.3 but i just like to know.   Thanks    Jesse

0 Likes
Re: notification color
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google changed their design language to an all white icon system for the notification bar. The Note 3 might be reflecting that design change.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks ann but do you know what the white icon meant versus turning blue means say like on my razr maxx. When I first booted the razr the icon was white and soon afterwards would turn blue. What did that mean happened?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The white to blue meant the connection was now active.

Google moved that active status to the notification panel when opened.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks again. Ive been wanting a note 3 since a buddy of mine let me play with his phone for a little while. It has a ton of features some im sure i will never use but they are there if need be. I wanted to go Samsung because most of my electronic stuff is Samsung and usually the same brand of equipment plays very well together. Theres only 2 things I see so far that takes away fro this device.  First being that the note doesn't quite get the signal that the razrmaxx has but as of yet theres been no issues with this and secondly the fact that I absolutely need a cover of some kind maybe an outerbox or at the very least just a gel cover as the note is hard to hold on too but so far I  love it except for the price of course but who does like spending that amount of money on a phone.                                                                                                                                   Jesse.

0 Likes