note4 support
rmacpherson6

how long will the note4 be supported by verizon?

0 Likes
Re: note4 support
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Supported in what way?  The phone is four years old and the last update was 1/17/18, so I'd doubt it would receive further updates, if that's what you're referring to.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We hope that your phone is working well. Tiki bar1 provided a great link for software updates on your device. At this time, we have no details on no longer supporting this phone. Should you be experiencing any issue with your phone, please provide details so we may assist.

LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
YourOtherRightHand

I absolutely LOVE my Note 4 and recently it just started not making calls out and sometimes cannot get incoming calls. Heaven forbid I have an emergency!! I went to the local verizon store and they told me that the towers it uses are being phased out. Whhhyyyyy?????? It took me forever to save to get this phone and now I have to try to figure out how to get another phone that's comparable. (And hopefully I can afford, being on a very low fixed income   ) It really sucks because this has been the ultimate phone for me. I don't want to find a new one. It took me almost 8 months of phone comparing before I decided on this one as it is. Isn't there ANY way to work around this and find a way to make the Note 4s continue to work?

Extremely frustrated in NY!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@YourOtherRightHand

I can definitely understand your concerns with not being able to make or receive calls at times, especially in the case of an emergency. I would love the opportunity to see what we can do to, hopefully, eliminate this frustration for you.

First, can you share with me a little more details on exactly what you’re experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy Note4 and your calls? Is this happening with every call you make or receive, or does it happen intermittently? If the issue is intermittent, how often does it happen? What type of signal does your device display when this happens (4G/LTE/3G/1X or No Service), and how many signal strength bars do you have? Lastly, have you noticed this happening in one particular location or area? If so, what is the zip code of the problem location? Please let me know the answers to all of these questions so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The CDMA network retirement is scheduled for the end of 2019. Verizon Wireless will be notifying customers prior to shutdown to inform them about getting a new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes