Re: just got 5.1.1 update
MCPFail
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updates are exciting!

0 Likes
Bigsteelguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah i got the update yesterday, ran into a few minor problems, but it seems everything is running smoothly now, and even the recent apps lag is gone. Battery performance should improve over a few recharges, and there are some minor tweaks to the camera, and other apps. Also i don't use Touchwiz, as i've been using 3rd party launchers for awhile now, so i would recommend KKM, and Arrow. Two really amazing launchers that are well worth the use. Anyway i carry extra batteries with me to switch out, so battery life isn't a big deal to me. Also i you can download DU Battery saver pro, which works wonders for your Note4.

0 Likes
Bigsteelguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've notice a dramatic increase in performance, but then again i have animations turned off in Developer options which makes your phone snappy. Wifi seems to work just fine so far, did have some issues with the network dropping out, and the signal, but hopefully it will be better later on. Also with your lockscreen, download an app called Picturesque, as you would love it, along with KKM, and Arrow launcher. My note4 runs like the Nexus 6P right now.

0 Likes
nic_hitchins
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like the Samsung site has our batteries for $30, $25 for me with

discount code for registering my replacement that verizon sent me last

week.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016, 7:12 PM Bigsteelguy <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
nic_hitchins
Enthusiast - Level 3

Scratch that. 2-4 week backorder.  Oops

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Bought mine directly from Verizon.   It was in stock.  And it cost me less than that retail price somebody posted earlier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LLamee, we want to make sure that your battery lasts.  I have read that you have purchased batteries and you let us know the results. Have you received your battery yet?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nic_hitchins
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just saw our battery and charger combo at best buy (Samsung area).  I'm thinking of using a price match from Amazon on one, plus whatever stupid best buy rewards I have that will expire in days...

0 Likes
llamee
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Anker batteries from Amazon seem to be working.  I still don't think the battery life is as great as it was before 5 or even with the 5.1.1 update; however, I do think it's better. The phone does randomly restart now after the update and with a factory reset, so I guess there's no winning.  These phones aren't the flagships they were supposed to be.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

So Verizon.....

What was it you were saying about the Note 4? That it was our fault that our phones were slow and buggy? That it was because we had "too many*" apps? That it was because we had 100MB of cached data? Now that 5.1.1 is out and pretty much every issue is definitively fixed, what do you have to say about our apps and usage habits which haven't changed? Yeah, you're right, 5.0.1 definitely wasn't the problem. It was totally us and our completely unique habits and apps lists. We were wrong, so sorry.**

*"too many" meaning 10 that weren't preinstalled

**Complete and utter sarcasm

0 Likes