i feel undervalued and disprespected as a long term customer with multiple lines
djquestt
Enthusiast - Level 2

HELLO
Samsung/Verizon made promises to customers who were forced to give up their Note 7s and forced into phones they did not want and promised to make it right by allowing a phone upgrade to a different device but now that the new note 8 is out will not allow us the option to get rid of these place holder phones without fully paying them off first its disrespectful and disgusting how they are treating their customers.

Even with Samsung discount offer for the note 8 its only eligible if you dont owe money on tradable phone so now many users like myself are stuck with a $600+ bill for a phone we didn't even want with no help and no options. i was reassured when i turned my note 7 in by Verizon that i would be able to upgrade with no issues when the new note came out only to find out they wont honor the guarantee they provided at the time.

seriously looking at taking my 6 lines of service and to sprint and i have been a customer with verizon for years

Re: i feel undervalued and disprespected as a long term customer with multiple lines
Jackal726
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not be more disappointed thus far with this situation.  We were forced to return the Note 7, twice, and I had already turned my Note 5 in for the discount program.  I had no choice but to go to another phone.  So I ended up with a Pixel XL.  I was told, again, if and when, the Note 8 comes out I would be able to return to it.  I chatted with Verizon the day before the pre-order began and was told I could return the Pixel XL and the remainder of the purchase agreement would be waived and I could pre-order the Note 8.  I attempted to do so the next day, and have not been able to get it done yet.

Verizon, this is bad business.  Samsung didn't tell me this, YOU did and now YOU are not standing behind your word.  You say it is not your fault? Well, it is not the former Note 7 owner's fault either.  You made promises that you are not currently keeping and only offering a trad-in program that anyone can take advantage of while not looking after your committed customers.

How many people effected by the Note 7 recall actually have the device they were forced to go to paid off? Not many, I assure you.  I have been a customer with Verizon going on 15 years and this is the response?

Re: i feel undervalued and disprespected as a long term customer with multiple lines
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

They need to reevaluate the promo to give former note 7 owners a way to upgrade. Put the 480 credit toward the pay off instead of off the price of the note8. It is still 480 bucks, just upfront instead of spread out over 2 yrs!!!

mama23dogs
Legend

What were these imaginary promises?  

Samsung made promises to Korean customers, which were fulfilled mostly with the Note FE.  There was never any promise to the US market, only a lot of rumors and demands for satisfaction by customers. 

Show me where Sammy or Verizon promised you more than half off a Note 8?  

mama23dogs
Legend

FYI.  Follow this link and read the FAQ.  Special offer for former Galaxy Note7 Owners | Samsung US

You do not have to pay off your current phone to trade it in.  But you do have to continue paying off Verizon

JNTReid2006
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Unless Samsung makes this right I will never purchase another Samsung anything!  Extremely disapointed and angry!!

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

0 Likes
PJ552003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Join the club.

18 years of loyalty means jack to them.

Here's the deal...they are counting on you just taking it.  They don't care if you leave because you will be replaced by other disgruntled customers from ATT and TMobile who are [Removed] their customers too.

The only REAL solution is the one I'm considering.  I've got 2 lines, paid off the $462 for the [Removed] edge 7, got 2 payments on the iPhone 6 s +...the only way they will get it is if there is a mass Exodus to the Pixel through a retailer and use FI for service.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

djquestt
Enthusiast - Level 2

1st . To address your question- I was verbally reassured over the phone and

face to face when I was forced to switch from my perfectly working note 7

via hotlining that I would be able to change phones at a later date when

another samsung phone became available I can't speak for the rest of the

continental U.S. I only know what was told to me personally 2nd. If your

not here to help or address  my "imaginary " concerns mutually shared by

hundreds if not thousands of other customers who have experienced the same

exact lack of concern and disloyalty  by samsung and verizon why areyou

here? [Removed] Im addressing a issue that i personally have encountered  thats why

im here, because i am paying for a phone I did not want. [Removed]

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Jackal726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep calling...I got an offer a few minutes ago to turn my Pixel XL in for the Note 8 from a Verizon representative. The trade in would just erase the Pixel XL purchase agreement and start with a new two year 100% payment plan. I was advised the Note 8 does not come with a 50% payment plan currently I was just told. This option does not come with the $20 payment as the current phone will only satisfy the current purchase agreement buy out. This option comes with a $40 a month payment.

This option comes on the heels of a previous offering where Verizon offered to do a forced buy out and meet me half way on my current purchase agreement. This will cause me to come up with close to $300 before paying taxes on the Note 8...OR which ever phone I want to get. And the Pixel XL will be mine. Just have to pay half on the remainder of my agreement.

Two options above for me to choose from.

Keep calling until you get the right representative as this last one said she just got word that the Note 7 folks will have the option to trade back in their current device only for current pay off.

It appears that Verizon is beginning to hear us.

Good luck friends!