data usage
supertruck19

I don't use my phone (Note 4) for data unless I use my home wi-fi or find a free spot when traveling. I recently got a Ring doorbell and want to have access to alerts when away from home. Is there a way to set up my mobile data so that only the Ring app is active? I don't want to pay extra for data when I never use it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data usage
mama23dogs
Legend

Current OS on note 4 is very efficient.  Unless you open an app, or set notifications as priority, apps are not going to uses data,  (data saver ‘ON’ in settings).  You will have to set Ring as priority, but the app should prompt that during set up.

If you are on one of the old, ridiculously tiny data plans, you’re paying as much as some of the newer larger data plans and should price the plans and switch.  Paying $50 for 300 mbs with $20 overage fees, and you can never use data makes no sense, when 2 gigs is $55.  

Since your holding an older phone, fully paid off, you could use prepaid for $35 with 1 gig, or $45 for 8 gigs.   

It’s false economy to hold onto a plan with limited data in a data driven world. 

0 Likes
Re: data usage
bearone21
Legend

settings/notifications/advanced....turn the rest of the notifications off!!

0 Likes