bad reception
tol3rd

i live in NYC and have pretty good reception most places. in my home, for whatever reason, the cell reception is really bad. is there anything i can do about this? I'm considering changing carriers. thanks.

tom

0 Likes
Re: bad reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tol3rd,

We'd never want to lose you as a customer. Service indoors is definitely imporant and we want to get things figured out. What is your zip code? When did this start happening? Also, what make/model phone do you have?
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tol3rd

Erin,

thanks for getting back to me.

zip code 10019

this has always been a problem since I've lived here, about 2 years.

i have a Note3 from Samsung.

i understand that the problem may be the steel and concrete building i I've

i live in but any ideas would be appreciated.

tom

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all that information, Tom. The coverage area looks to be good. As you mentioned the building materials may play a role in this, but lets keep looking. Are the service issues with data, voice and text or both?

DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tol3rd

No, just receiving calls. I have little no no reception and have to stand

by a window to make and receive calls. Texting, emails it as proper at

all.

On Sep 18, 2015 11:01 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tol3rd, we want you to have wireless service, the proper way. Wireless signal can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, no wireless carrier can guarantee services in your residence. Do you know of anyone else at your location having the same issue? How's service when you leave your home?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
tol3rd

I know another person in the building who also has Verizon who has the same

problem. Also, my wife who uses sprint does not have the same problem.

On Sep 20, 2015 1:06 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional detail tol3rd. We always want you to have the best service possible where you use your phone the most. In general the 10019 zip code does show to be good with cell sites trending normally and there are currently no service issues in your area. If this only happening at your home and nowhere else, there can definitely be something causing interference with our signal getting through to your home. Radio Frequency signal can be diminished inside of buildings for several reason including terrain, construction, newly installed equipment that also uses RF signal causing crosstalk/attenuation, trees & foliage as well as other factors. Factors such as these are the reason why cellular signal has never been guaranteed indoors. These factors however are not symptomatic of the network performance especially if it's only happening in a certain spot and not everywhere. Since this issue does seem to be occuring only at your place of residence, you may want to consider a booster to help increase the reception inside of your building. Here's some information regarding the one we have, what's needed and how it works:  http://vz.to/1GuDDYh. You can also provide your own if desired and register it for use at your home:  http://vz.to/1IQbaOE

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes