Re: Will Verizon allow previous Note 7 users trade in early to get a Note 8?
TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

AndrewT_VZW

Thank you very much for your response, and please be aware that I want to stay with Verizon as much as you want me. I fully understand that your current and very generous promotion will in my case more than pay off the balance on my phone. My concern is that I don't have the $429 balance due on my phone to pay it off. However, my position is not "cast in concrete" as the cliche' goes. I am willing to work with you in hopes of reaching a workable solution, for example, could I pay a portion of the balance on my S7 and then prorate or finance the remainder over the next few months? This is just one suggestion and like I said, I am more than willing to work with you to reach an equitable compromise. Thank you again for your response. 🙂

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds like what they are offering is consistent...I contacted a different person and was contacted in turn by one of the corporate team.

Yes, essentially they would pay half of the remaining phone balance after the phone hits the 50% paid mark but the reduction in the 8 phone cost is still dependent upon making 24 payments.  Pay for the 8 up front; no reduction.  Pay off early, the promotional credit stops...balance of credit is not applied.

The $480 is only applicable through the pre-order period.  While corporate indicated the pre-order only went to 14 Sep, I've seen 24 Sep as the end of the pre-order period so not sure which is correct.

A different promotion for after the pre-order period may be in the works but no guara tees there.

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

What others have posted is that they are getting the balance of their phone paid off for the "opportunity" to pay full price for the phone.  Which at this point VZ is profiting from that transaction.  By September 15th  most everyone will have less than $480 balance on their phone.  So the 1 or 2 payments @ $33 you have less than $480 VZ will profit on the transaction.  WOW what a great deal to get rid of a phone I didn't want?!?

So I am still not clear on your offer, they essentially want you to pay 75% of the phone (12 months +1/2 the balance=18 months or 75%) to get the $480 pre-order price, or was that the "opportunity" to pay retail?

Verizon wants you to pay 75%

Verizon gives you 1/2 of the 12 months left or $214.50 in your case

What do you pay for the phone $960 or $480?

Please let us know who you contacted.

Thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that everyone is on the same page, TLEON996.  If you are looking to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 device, there is a promotional trade in offer that offers a higher trade in amount for certain devices.  Please click on this link: http://vz.to/2wLOa59 and then you will need to click on the blue hyperlink “See offer details.” on the top of the page.  You will get a pop up and it will provide a list of phones eligible for trade in and what the promotional amount is.

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

If the corporate offer is accepted, the previous phone, I'll use the Edge as an example must be paid down with 12 payments at which time corporate will reduce the balance by 50%.  So yes, by final amount, the user ends up paying the equivalent of 6 more payments.  Either way, the phone has to be paid in full before the pre-order promotion can be utilized.

After that, the $480 is crexited over 24 payments and is NOT a straight price reduction.  If tbe user pays for the phone up front, there is no reduction in cost.  If the user psys the balance of the cost early, there are no more credits applied. 

In tbe event a full purchase is done, users can still do the trade-in but that is reduced to the regular trade in price, which I think is only $175 (I don't remember the amount) and is then only applied as a bill credit; it doesn't reduce the price of the phone.

Make 24 payments, cost is reduced by 50%...but that is the ONLY way the full reduction is seen.

Winters920
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted corporate with this message.  We will see if and how they reply.  My loyalty depends on Thier response:

I am extremely upset regarding your trade in option for previous Note 7 owners.  I went thru 2 exchanges and spent over 9 hours total in your stores doing it.  I am an avid Samsung note user and when I returned the 2nd Note 7 i was promised that I would be able to change out the phone I was being forced to buy when the new note came out.  Now I'm being told I must pay off the current phone which is a motoz.... The worst phone ever I might add!  I was going to just downgrade to a edge when I had to return my note 7 but there was a sales rep in the store that forced this crap of a phone on me.  He literally was throwing it on the ground telling me how it wouldn't break and I would be very unwise not to buy it.... We have been with Verizon for over 15 years.  And I have spent thousands and hundreds of hours on your stores.  This is wrong.  Making us pay for a phone we never wanted and then not allowing us to use the credit up front to lower or monthly bill is unprofessional and robbery.  You had no issue making me sign another agreement to try and retain your customer base, but lying to me telling me I would not be penalized and could upgrade early is unacceptable.  If I ran my company this way I would go out of business... But then again you are Verizon... You look at this as a money maker and the bottom line, not what is best for the customer and all we went thru during this fiasco.  Why don't you all do what is right by us  loyal customers and allow us to upgrade early with no penalty and stop trying to make a buck on our loyalty to you and Samsung.   Whether I stay with Verizon will be how you handle this and wether or not you rise to the occasion and actually make good on your word.   How professional are you?  What is the true character of your company?  What do you really stand for?  I'll be waiting to see your response to me personally and to your other customers.

LAUMAZ92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok,  I've been on the phone to Verizon.   In contact with Samsung about this,  hours…

As a former Note 7 (two time owner- both original and replacement)

I stayed with Samsung and got the S7 edge,  its no note,  under the advice that we would be able to return our replacement  Samsung to get the note 8 when it came out.

Verizon needs to let us turn in our phones,  so we can get the note 8.  Duh,  we are under a year into our current contract,  one year next month.    I'm  not about to pay off this phone  to just turn around and trade it in.

We are stuck!   In a year,  I will be done with both companies!

Laura1212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same situation as many of you, my husband and I both got traded in our note 4s for the note 7, then the recalled happened we were left with no phone so we down graded to the S7 edge like many of you.  We stayed with Samsung because we are loyal to this company, and we were promised by Verizon that we would get to upgrade when the note 8 came out.  I'm excited about the new note but when I go and try to order the new note 8 I am told I have to pay my remaining balance to be able to upgrade!  And if you even think of getting the discount of 480 you have to give up your phone, they must be crazy.  I'm also considering changing phone carriers, Verizon is just a greedy company, Verizon treat everyone that purchased a note 7 equally, not all people have 400 dollars laying around or in our case 800 for two phones. Make it right Verizon or you will lose a long time customer.

LAUMAZ92
Enthusiast - Level 2

[Removed] I also don't have my landline any longer and rely on my cell phone.    I still think Verizon could do better for us to be able to get the Note 8.

But,  I'm  at the point that until I here directly hear from Verizon,  I'm done with this.   Looks like I'll  stick this out until my 2 years are up in October 2018, then I will be changing phones and providers.   Wish everyone well and hope that we get a reasonable deal,  but not holding my breath.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator