Re: Will Verizon allow previous Note 7 users trade in early to get a Note 8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RACBRO3,

We understand how important having the latest and greatest can be. Currently, trades can be made once the Device Payment Agreement terms have been met. There are exciting offers available for your Note 8 once the loan has been met: http://www.samsung.com/us/galaxy/note8/Note7Promo/s/Trade-In/

Jive Signature:

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dbeak, your patience and cooperation was appreciated during the Samsung Note 7 Recall. I apologize. We'll be unable to waive the remaining balance of your device loan to allow an upgrade to the new Note 8. However, once you pay off your current phone, you may take advantage of the current promotional offer http://vz.to/2wnK4Qv 

0 Likes
CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe you are describing something different.  I am talking about T- Mobile paying off your device balance when you leave Verizon as stated on their website.

How does the device payment plan reimbursement work on the web?

First, trade in the device you still owe money on with your old carrier. You will receive a credit equal to your phone’s trade-in value. Then when you submit the bill from your carrier for the device payoff, you will receive a prepaid card for your remaining device payment plan balance minus your phone’s trade-in value.

This is for web transactions, they also describe being able to do this right in the store.

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

And still, they are not hearing us. I saw where someone else was able to

get the trade in to cover the payoff and pay full pruce at 40 a month for

the note 8. That was an answer for corporate.

On Aug 28, 2017 8:07 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

So if Verizon customers want good treatment, we should switch carriers!

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Don't be so quick with T-Mobile.  Another poster indicated that yes, they will buy out the Verizon contract, however, they don't allow a device payment over $30/month.  So, the buyer would be required to basically put a down payment on the Note 8 of about $210 to get it to the $30/month payment mark plus the added cost of the line charges; the poster indicated a minimum base cost of $299 to get the Note 8 and switch to T-Mobile.

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

"We understand how important having the latest and greatest can be."

I don't think you do.  We bought defective phones from you after we traded in our old phones.  When we had to give them back ,you were happy to lock us into a 2 year plan (since most don't have an extra grand laying around).  Why did we buy phones we already passed on, waiting for the Note 7, because you took our phones (I could not get my S6 back). I would not upgrade to the Note 8 if I still had my Note 7 (So I don't care about the latest and greatest).

The solution is easy.  You are offering $480 to trade in a paid off phone, which happens to be less than what we owe.  So the $480 won't even get us to breakeven, again on a phone we didn't want, and now we pay off the rest of the phone. Now as a Note 7 owner we don't get any special treatment, except we get to pay more to switch to a Note 8.

So why not do the obvious.  $480 is for paid off phones right?  So give me 11/24  of the $480 (11 months of the 24 month payoff) towards a Note 8 and take your phone and payments back.

Why would I pay off this phone to get a Note 8 when I can have T-Mobile do it and save my self several hundred dollars?  It is cheaper for me to switch then do what your are proposing.

I hope you can understand how a prorated discount is much easier and fair!!! (and you won't lose my 5 lines along with others)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all your feedback regarding the options for upgrading to the Note 8, RRIDGWAY1217. I have sent you a Private Message here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to continue.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

I responded to your request, however, I have spoken with numberous reps over the last few days and they have still came up with the same answer. Unless you are with Corporate and can override the limits on this so called promo, I do not believe your answer will be any different. But hey, maybe you know something the others didnt.

gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is just another reason why i would stay away from this debacle. I was an avid note user, had the note 2, note 3, then the note 7. Loved those phones. While it is true that this is not Verizon fault, they do shoulder some of the blame. They sell the product. What should happen here is all of us Note 7 users should qualify for a discount without having to turn in certain phones. And if you look at verizons website under the promotion, You only get 50% off the Note 8 if you have a newer smartphone, i.e. iphone 7 or 7 plus. Then you are tiered down to 35% off if you have a certain other phone, i.e. pixel and Moto Z. Then 25% if you have other phones like the moto z play, lg g4, note 4, etc. It shouldn't be about the money right now for either samsung or verizon. Make you money off the new customers you garner. Dont make the loyal customers of each brand (verizon and samsung note) pay more than what they should. I will hold off until late october or early november to see what I will do. No matter how each company tries to spin it, They are leaving a boat load of us customers mad and unappreciated.