Re: Will Verizon allow previous Note 7 users trade in early to get a Note 8?
CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is insanity. Neither Verizon or Samsung really care about the base of Note 7 owners.  When I read Note 7 users will get almost 50% discount I was relieved they came through.  But oh no.  I trade in my S6 for the Note 7 and get my trade in credit.  I am happy.  Then I am forced to return my phone and am forced to buy a new phone (can't get my S6 back) under the belief I would be made whole when the next Note came out.

Now the Note is here and the bait and switch is announced of up to $425 discount to Note 7 owners.  In the last line of the small print is the - this does not excuse you of your monthly payment on the phone you are trading in.  HUH?????  So as stated above as a loyal Note 7 owner I get to pay MORE for my Note 8 because I was loyal and bought the only decent phone available S7E and my balance is more than the trade in credit.  Oh yeah the S7E was still at premium pricing and I am financing almost $800 for a phone I passed on originally to get the Note.

I know I received a $75 credit for my trouble which ends up being less than minimum wage for the hours I spent at the Verizon store (which I hate to go into), talking to customer service again and again and then loading and reloading my apps and customization onto each phone.

So no, I disagree about taking the S7E back and let me pay full price for the Note 8, I want what is being portrayed for all the troubled Note 7 owners.  Take your S7E back and sell me a Note 8 at a discount like you are trying to make it look like you are doing.

Is this the same deal that you get in South Korea?  I bet not.

For the first time in years I am now looking at the new Pixel or LG (anything non Samsung) as a real alternative, when I take my 5 lines to T-Mobile!

NLH608
Enthusiast - Level 1

My question is does samsung reimburse Verizon for their phone when we trade it in??  It would be nice if Verizon could work something out with samsung.... if we get the phone at $425 off from samsung is Verizon getting the same deal and charging it's customers more?  Just not quite sure how that works.  I think it's crazy that I have to pay up front.  My note 5 was paid off so when I traded up to the 7 I didn't have to pay any out of pocket but now I have to pay off this s7e that I did not and still do not really want.

YARNSRJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung, Verizon, you hear and see the predicament, previous Note 7 owners are in. You companies are worried about your profit , which you won't reap if you force us to turn away from you because your so called discounts, do not benefit most of the people it's supposed to be for in the first place.

Samsung is guilty for forcing us to to purchase another phone, in most cases, having to go into a payment plan, because we put all our eggs in the basket with the Note 7 and got burned. Pun intended.

Verizon, you just wanted to make any sale so you practically swore to us that we would in the future, have the option to early upgrade this phone we were forced to buy because most of us traded in a perfectly good phone that samsung would not send back to us.

MAKE IT RIGHT. No Note 7 customer who is stuck in a payment plan with a phone most of us were forced to buy, should get the shaft again.

Verizon...Early upgrade from the carriers ( verizon you're letting iphone 7 owners do Early upgrade, so why not us so we can get the Note 8 now as well).

Samsung, give us that $425 right now so that we can pay off the EIP (equipment installment plan) phone you caused us to enter into in the first place.

This is not the way to retain loyal customers. If  another carrier is willing to pay off the phone I got from you, then I may just have to go elsewhere.

Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

We too were involved in the double recall and my college aged son had to settle for the 7edge which he is not happy about.

First of all they are saying the 7edge only has a trade in value of $175. This seems pretty low to me so obviously Samung/Verizon is lowballing the trade value to entice us into falling for this scam.

They actually expect us to pay off the replacement phone which means I would have paid over $800 for a phone and then I have to TURN IT IN!!! Which then Samsung will just refurbish and re-sell.

I'm sorry but if I spend all that money on anything it is mine to keep. I can use it, sell it, trade it in or throw it in the Atlantic Ocean!

I feel sorry for those customers who will actually think this is a good deal and go for it. I spoke to a supervisor yesterday who said we have to wait to see if Samsung is going to come up with anything better when the phone is actually released. I am not holding my breath that's for sure!

Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

The bottom line is we need to be able to turn in the replacement phone (that we were forced to get) and call it even. Whether they waive the balance due, apply the instant credit to the balance due or however they want to word it. Those customers who were involved in this recall last year should have the opportunity to be rid of the replacement phone without paying it off and be free to purchase the Note 8.

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

Email corporate!!

0 Likes
TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same boat as many others here, had the Note 7 twice, forced to downgrade to an S7. Now neither Verizon or Samsung will allow us to apply the discount/trade in to the balance on our existing phones. Meanwhile, the competition comes out with this: Switch Carriers without Early Termination Fees | No ETF's | T-Mobile So now T-Mobile will pay off our Verizon phones if we switch to them. So, Verizon, wouldn't you rather keep loyal customers rather than have them switch carriers because of this policy? I for one would much rather stay with Verizon than switch, but if it means being stuck with a phone that is not what I want...

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Keep in mind the payoff is UP to 650, MINUS any trade in value of a phone. So you will STILL be responsible for some of your device and your final bill. Gotta look out for the small print, folks.

0 Likes
CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I did read the fine print and suggest you do the same. The fine print says you trade in your phone with Verizon.  They give you a fraction of what you owe and you leave having to pay hundreds of dollars for the difference.  You give T-Mobile that bill and they give you a credit for that amount (up to $650) per line

pherson
Champion - Level 1

No, they don't.

0 Likes