Re: Wi-Fi stops working after Mobile Hotspot is turned OFF
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the signal weak where you are getting the error?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
copper747

No the signal is strong a full 4 bars.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this error message taken care of copper747. When did this start for you? What software are you running on your phone http://vz.to/1BiGZYk ? Do you receive this error message when using the internet browser too?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rforeman

I was having this same problem. After using the hot spot when away from home. When I get home and turn off the hot spot and turn on the wifi it connects to my router but if I try to go to google play I get "Check your connection and try again". If I reboot the phone then it works fine till I use the hot spot again.

I think I have pin pointed the problem. I went in and disabled the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software and I am no longer having the problem. Only tried a few times but so far I have turned on and off the hot spot 3  times, and after turning off the hot spot and turning on the wifi I have been able to surf the web and everything with no problems yet. I am going to try a few more test over the next few days but I think the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software is the problem. It is powered by Mcafee which is the WORST software on the planet.

If you give this a try please post your results.

0 Likes
rforeman

rforeman wrote:

I think I have pin pointed the problem. I went in and disabled the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software and I am no longer having the problem. Only tried a few times but so far I have turned on and off the hot spot 3  times, and after turning off the hot spot and turning on the wifi I have been able to surf the web and everything with no problems yet. I am going to try a few more test over the next few days but I think the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software is the problem. It is powered by Mcafee which is the WORST software on the planet.

If you give this a try please post your results.

UPDATE:

After testing the above for the last 4 or 5 days. The Verizon Support & Protection software is the problem. If I enable it my WiFi stops working after using the hotspot, With Verizon Support & Protection software disabled I can use the hotspot all day long, and when I get home I turn off the hotspot and it connects up to my WiFi and I have no connection issues. With Verizon Support & Protection software enabled the only way my WiFi works after using the hotspot is to reboot the phone.

Hope this will helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest sending an email to the developers of the application through the email address posted on the Play Store listing detailing the issue and what you have done to correct it so the developers can fix the code in the application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asurion.android.verizon.vms

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rforeman

Thanks. I will do that. I thought I would post it here also to help others as it it is a work around till it gets corrected in the app.

0 Likes
mrfred
Enthusiast - Level 2

This appears to be working for me as well.  Odd thing though is that I never activated that software.  Apparently it was still causing issues.  Another interesting tidbit is that my wife's GN4 never had this issue.

0 Likes
mrfred
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a few weeks of using the hotspot feature, I am once again loosing wifi connectivity after disabling the hotspot even though I have the Verizon Support app disabled.  Oh well.  I guess I can only hope that when 5.1.1 or 6.0 arrive, this issue will be resolved.

0 Likes
Anthonyd1986

I am having the same issue, u have the Galaxy s5, and I use my hotspot for work everyday, when I come home I have to reboot my phone to use wifi. 

Sm-g900v

0 Likes