Re: Why no more fires?
Tidbits
Legend

You are pulling odds and ANY person will tell statistics is not accurate when you don't know the constants. You are basing your numbers on what is known. Any person in the industry knows those 104 isn't the real number. We know if you contact Samsung before the media you sign a NDA where you can't talk about it. We don't know how many blew that were sent in. If it was those numbers you say then it would be acceptable figures and natually what happens with batteries. So for Samsung to pull that many because of acceptable numbers isn't what they did. The number is a lot higher but they are not going to disclose the real numbers.

Samsung is the one pulling their products and Samsung is the one forcing you to return your product. Let that sink in for a minute. They have the real numbers and they see it as a liability, and if it was your odds you listed they would have never did a recall the first time around.

tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

thanks.  i like your response actually.

regardless of the viewpoint, it's definitely more diplomatic, more concerning, and less offensive like those [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Tidbits
Legend

Also that car analogy is terrible. If they are car accidents from the user error then it's not the car and that argument falls apart.

Lets look at the air bag recall. From what i remember there was only 6 cases of airbags deploying out of the millions of units being sold worldwide. Recalled happened. Odds are astronomically smaller correct? The fact Samsung can't reporduce the problem and the fact you don't hear of any more could be due to the fact over 80% of them are in Samsungs hands and if one blows do you think Samsung is going to tell you?

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

the car analogy is terrible , i definitely know,  i said it just to match up with all those silly analogy of others.

nevermind...  it's all going like this for a long time in this Note7 forum.

For us concerning Note7 victims, always being lecturing by those [removed] (while most of them didn't even own an Note7) in this forum lately.

We've already been a victim.  Stop putting more oils onto the fire...please.

Hilarious.

Well (i remember someone mentioned earlier), this is a "community forum".  It is what it is.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Tidbits
Legend

Honestly the Note7 is honestlt the best device they made in a long time. It was the first Samsung device i enjoyed having in my hand since the A747(flipphone) i think that was its designation.

The recall happened and i wont sweat bullets. If Samsung does better with their next Note i can't wait to see it.

What i think the problem is they made it too thin and some batteries expand more than others. Those get pinched and you have what we see. They say they don't know, but made a statement they'll let us know soon over we'll let you know as soon as we find out gives moment to pause further my thought is what happened.

Tidbits
Legend

Oh all of them if what i believe is happening is true are ticking timebombs. As batteries get older and used there always room for them to expand, and get hot more than they used to. So a lot of these devices might not blow now, but more can blow up 6 months to a year from now.

So people out there just be careful if you want to keep it.

0 Likes
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I plan to throw mine in my Samsung washing machine and watch the universe implode.