Why is Verizon making us commit to another 24 month contract on an older phone?
BAJAFJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I return my Note 7 (which I am adamantly against) my options if I want to stick with SAMSUNG are older phones and only have 24 month contracts. They are not offering the 12 month or 50% payoff on any of the Samsung phones. The only phones available now are iPhones and that's not even worth mentioning. So, in order to remain a loyal Samsung customer and receive the $100 credit I have to purchase an older phone and commit to a 24 month contract or pay the full price upfront. This is completely unacceptable and unfair to those who waited for the Note 7 and have been loyal to the Flagship series of phones. We have to settle for an older less capable phone and more importantly miss the release of the new S8s and possible new Note 8 release while under contract. Samsung releases their new phones early spring every year and we will be locked in a contract for the next 2 years!

Samsung is offering customers in South Korea an exchange now to another phone and the ability to exchange again when the new phones are released early next year. Where is this offer to loyal customers in the United States that spend millions and millions of dollars on new devices every year?

I would have settled for an S7 if I could upgrade next year by paying for 50% of the phone early. The Verizon reps were rude and completely uninterested in discussing options for exchanging my phone.

I see no reason to give up the best phone I have ever owned at this point.

Re: Why is Verizon making us commit to another 24 month contract on an older phone?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

As someone said on here ...it is what it is... that being said I finally got the boxes and they are sent back  I can only hope that when they Samsung  comes out with something new that they just remember those of us that had at one time owned the Famous note 7 and remember that they were not the only ones that were inconvenience or feel that they were the only ones that lost something that meant a lot to just them

Re: Why is Verizon making us commit to another 24 month contract on an older phone?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I just reread this in the post and  I Do Not want to sound insensitive because  I do understand exactly what you are saying . My wife and I diffidently did not want to send them back the first time let alone the second time.But with the problem they were having we know it was for the best

MYBLUEKIX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. if I upgraded to the Note7 and signed a contract then the phone upgrade was null and void to let me upgrade again to replace the Note7 but my new contract is still in effect. I went back to my old Note3 to turn in my Note7 and am on another 2 yr contract now with a 3 yr old phone. why isn't my contract null and void and retrograded back to being out of contract like when I waited to purchase the Note7?

pherson
Champion - Level 1

When it catches fire you will see why.

You have the option to deactivate an older phone or buy one used.

Its not unfair, either way you're getting a new phone (regardless of when the phone was released it's still new) at the discounted pricing or pay it all off. It still boggles my mind how people think they don't have options. All viable options.

rcschnoor
Legend

BAJAFJ wrote:

If I return my Note 7 (which I am adamantly against) my options if I want to stick with SAMSUNG are older phones and only have 24 month contracts. They are not offering the 12 month or 50% payoff on any of the Samsung phones.

As far as I know, Verizon has not removed the ability to purchase any Samsung phones at full price without ANY contract. You do not have to enter into a 24 month contract as you have indicated.

THEN when the new phone is released that you would like to purchase, you can sell that Samsung phone you purchased at full retail on a site such as swappa.com for 70%-90% of full retail if you keep it in good condition. THAT means you would have only had to pay 10%-30% for that phone instead of the 50% you would have foolishly paid had you entered into one of those silly 12 month/50% payoff deals. That is a savings of a couple of hundred dollars.

Of course, people don't want to hear that kind of foolishness.