Why does my phone freeze and reboot several times a day since the blueborne security patch?
MICNEW64

It has been over a month I've been dealing with an unreliable phone. It constantly freezes and most of the time will reboot, sometimes like 2 or 3 times in a row. I have done the software repair assistant twice and still same thing.

build mmb29m.n910vvru2cqi2

0 Likes
Re: Why does my phone freeze and reboot several times a day since the blueborne security patch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working phone is paramount MICNEW64. Having difficulties with your phone for over a month can certainly be frustrating. When did you start experiencing difficulties with your phone? Do you notice your phone freeze when performing certain functions on your phone or accessing certain applications? Has there been any recent changes made to your phone when you started to experience these difficulties?

Thank you,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my phone freeze and reboot several times a day since the blueborne security patch?
MICNEW64

The only change was when I got the blue borne virus patch. Other than that, it freezes and reboots when I try to click apps, when I don't do anything, and reboots at random times for no reason.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh goodness, that would definitely drive me crazy. Thanks for those additional details. Let's try this, can you please place your Note 4 in safe mode for about an hour by following the steps in this link: http://vz.to/2dNzPde? While the phone is in safe mode, do you still experience issues with the phone freezing or rebooting?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

When you take an update over the air, it's very possible the new software loaded can cause flaky phone behavior, not because the software or hardware itself is defective, but because the new software is being loaded onto a phone that has had many customizations.

The very first thing you should try is what is called a System Cache Wipe.

• Power down the phone.
  • Press Power, Volume Up and Home simultaneously
  • Wait until the phone vibrates and then release Power and Home
  • You should now see the recovery screen. Use the volume buttons to move up/down and select Wipe Cache Partition.
  • Press the Power button to confirm.
  • Select Reboot System Now and again, hit Power to confirm.
MICNEW64

I tried safemode and it still randomly reboots

0 Likes
MICNEW64

thanks for the help but I tried wiping the cache a couple of times with no luck.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Not the Application Cache Clear - but the System Cache Wipe (which can only be done from the Recovery/Boot menu?

If you've done a System Cache Wipe and you still have flaky behavior, you must backup your important content, and perform a Factory Device Reset (FDR).

0 Likes
MICNEW64

I've done that too a few times, runs good about 18 hours and then starts the same stuff.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Interesting, so after taking the patch AND performing a FDR, the phone is rebooting?

And if you put your phone into SAFE mode for a day, does it reboot at all?

If it does not, it's probably an application that you keep loading, and/or the amount of data associated with it.

If it is rebooting in SAFE mode where it didn't before, go to Samsung Customer Support and ask for a patch to the patch I guess.

0 Likes