Why can we not return Note 7 to retail store when purchased online?
Patek

I purchased my Note 7, aka "Fireball 7" during the preorder period.  It is hard to believe that Verizon is making no provisions for this phones exchange like AT&T Wireless and the other major wireless carriers.  This is obviously speaks to the value that the individual carriers place on the customer. Verizon is making no arrangements in any way to exchange the phones but we are being told to return it by the 30th of September.

Because of a bad Sim card I had to take phone to Verizon retail store, less than 500 yards from my business to have it fixed.  While being fixed the return label was discarded, days later the phone recall is announced and upon contacting Verizon they are having to mail me a return label, yes mail me a return label.  Our 20 year anniversary (10 line account) with Verizon was in July of 2016, and I just don't understand why it is so difficult to return anything in a Verizon retail store. The phone I can understand the online return, but having had a previous return outstanding for months previously, I am very weary of that return process.  But all returns are difficult in the stores, Note 7 cases bought in one store , were turned away for return or exchange and we were told to take them to another store a mile away where they were originally bought.  However, they were glad to sell us another case!  All of the above cases were with Verizon Factory stores and not re-sellers.

In my hour plus conversation with Business support, yesterday, I was told repeatedly about what a valuable customer we are but the lack of exchange provision and handling of this return speak more to the point about being a valued customer.

A convenient exchange like that offered by all other major carriers is to be expected by the largest cell company but in failing that standard you should allow the customers to do the most convenient return for them.

0 Likes