Re: Deleted emails are reappearing
education24

Same thing happening here.  This happens with my Charter account, but does not happen with my Outlook (work) email.  Who.can fix this!

0 Likes
bdecker53

I am having the same issue all of a sudden on the motox.  I deleted my emails from the trash folder ONE BY ONE since that is the only way you can do it...so dumb.  Then they come back into my inbox...or I get 100 old emails.  I have deleted the account...am going to use my Gmail instead of Verizon.  I will check back to see if there is a fix.  I don't have a choice of using "

removed the email http://vz.to/1kM77Xd and readded it http://vz.to/1jPrTHn?

How does that work??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bdecker53, lets get to the bottom of this issue! Were you having issues with a Verizon.net email account, but your Gmail account is working fine? Are you using the native email app that came on the phone or one that was downloaded from the Play Store?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rschoeff, we don't want you to be experiencing this issue at all! What kind of email account is it? Is it set up as a POP or IMAP account?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bdecker53

Yes, Verizon.net.  As soon as I delete all the emails, 100 more pop up...all older than the ones I just deleted.  I'm pretty sure the app was on the phone.  I have deleted and reinstalled my email account, rebooted, and the messages are set to delete when I delete from inbox.

Gmail seems to be fine, and it has an option to empty the trash folder.  Verizon does not, you have to put a check by each email before it can be deleted. 

Thanks for any help.  It seems to work better if I leave a couple old emails in my inbox and NEVER EVER hit load more.

0 Likes
rhjh

I am having the same issue.  I have a new Droid Maxx (NOT Razr, the new long battery one), also a computer using Windows 8.1, and 4 gmail accounts.  I have never had this issue before, but I open the email (or not), move it to the trash, DELETE it from the trash (on phone or computer or both), it shows deleted, then within some time, they all come back into my inbox, counted as "new."  They come back as far as 30 days, because that's what I have set up to go back to.  I also have 4 accounts, and this happens to all of them.  I have removed the email and put it back on, I have deleted the cache, I have tried it all.

Is this a Verizon issue?  Sounds like it.  I forever am thinking I have new emails, but really, they are the ones deleted! Although, some times they are new, SO FRUSTRATING!

HELP PLEASE!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information bdecker53! I want you to have the best experience with your Verizon email account. Please ensure that you have correct settings by following steps at this link http://vz.to/18yARyt and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
rhjh

Ok, so this is not coming from bdecker, first.  Second, I have a Droid Maxx (not the Razr, but the long battery phone).  Third, I have a gmail account.

Now can you help me???

Thanks.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rosedraws

For the record, this same thing happens on my iPhone with my GoDaddy account.

I can NOT believe that I can't set it to download only the latest emails, or even to delete emails that are more than, say, 4months old.

I have to leave my emails on the GoDaddy server so I can access them remotely when traveling.

I am so frustrated with this.  My emails keep downloading and downloading, FILLING MY PHONE.  it's maddening, and making email unusable.  ARGGG.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rhjh,

Absolutely! We're happy to help you as well, I know how important it is to have your email set up the way you prefer it. Go to Apps>Gmal>Meny>Settings>General Settings>adjust to confirm items deleted not just archived. then, press the back button, go to Settings> Select your SYNC option and change your Days of mail to SYnc.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes