Re: Deleted emails are reappearing
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like you may want to see if your provider provides IMAP email with my other phones Syncing weather I Read something or not never worked. POP Doesn't Sync Back weather you read something and if you tell it to pull messages again by scrolling to the bottom it has no idea you read anything previously because POP is a one way sync. See if you can find your IMAP settings and configure your email client with them to see if that helps.

0 Likes
SgtEarl

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Not applicable

I had this problem using the stock email on the GS3 when I got it 18 months ago.

I resolved it by switching to my providers email (Yahoo) and setting up on both ends.

The problem has resurfaced, with a new cell carrier on my Note 3.

Unless I delete from inbox AND trash, the emails come back as new, unread.

I will post solution when I sort it out (which I darn well will do!)

0 Likes
rrdinfla

In December of 2013 my wife and I bought identical GS4's from the Verizon store where they set up the email. We both use the same email address at Bright House. We do not use Gmail. Both phones are on the same bill. Hers has had the problem of deleted emails reappearing in the inbox and mine has never had the problem. That looks to me like the email client is not the problem. I have yet to see a non-webmail based user who has found a solution to this problem on this website. Therefore I plan to do nothing until either Verizon or Samsung acknowledges that the problem needs an upgrade fix that so far has not been offered.

0 Likes
back40

what a great post this is exactly our situation we both bought phones have the same provider as well. is about time for Verizon and or Samsung to figure out there is a problem  as you say when everybody quits saying it ain't my fault and admits there is a problem. Then we can get a fix instead of run arounds.. 

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rrdinfla,

I hear you! Let's check into your email concerns. Just to clarify of the steps that have been taken, do you have your email setup as POP or IMAP? Have you tried to  use another email application such as K-9? Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
rrdinfla

Lindsey  

To answer your questions I am using POP and no I have not used K-9 or any other email application. I'm not sure why I should given that email works fine on my laptop, my iPad, and one of our two identical Verizon GS-4's.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
back40

I tried switching to K-9 and it did not make a difference, still had reappearing emails.  Just as an FYI on the Note 3—when you “delete all” on the menu left of the home page key, a “load more messages” appears at the top of the blank page.  When you use that key and it does not bring up any messages, try the “circular arrows” button at the bottom of the page.  It will bring up the hidden messages that will not come up with the “Load more Messages” in the gray bar at the top of the page.  This morning using the “circular arrows”{refresh icon???}  load more messages at the bottom of the page I was able to load 184 many times deleted messages ranging from 1 day old to over one month old.  They appear to be hiding in the Samsung or whatever dark corners and will not appear with the regular “Load more messages” at the top.   Again it is apparent there is a Samsung software or Verizon dark corner problem.  It is not an email server software problem.  No matter what server we all try Outlook, Charter, K-9 the problem is always still there.  Thank you for continuing to try to solve the problem, instead of saying “it ain’t our fault”../.. Ken

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rrdinfla,

Thank you for the information and testing out K-9. I would like to dig even deeper into your email concerns. Please follow and private message me. I want to make sure to research every option in coming to resoluiton to this email issue.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

back40, we're happy to do everything we can to be of assistance. Thank you for trying k-9. This gives us a better idea of the root cause of the trouble.

If I can ask a few quick questions we might have a better sense of what is happening. What email providers are you using? Could you also verify whether or not the email is being removed from the server once it is retrieved? Please check the settings and reply back. Thank you.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes