Re: Deleted emails are reappearing
graphicjunkie

So do I understand that this is a faulty phone/device issue?   That I need to get it replaced? 

Because I've been with Verizon since 2000.  And none of my other devices ever behaved this way.

I've tried everything and like the others it's repeat over and over.  I get a LOT of emails daily to my device and to say it's frustrating is quite the understatement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand how this would be frustrating graphicjunkie. Are these personal emails or corporate email this is happening with? If corporate, do you have Microsoft Exchange or webmail? Are those emails still on your computer?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
graphicjunkie

Thank you for contacting me.

The emails are personal.  Nothing related to any microsoft exchange servers here. 

I have my home PC set up to download the emails permanently from the server, as it serves as my archive.  I don't really want to delete them from the server when I delete from my phone...Because I don't want to lose the email.  But if I don't log onto my home pc for a day or two, then I get the emails sent over and over again to my phone. 

Please tell me there is a fix!

Thanks,

Willy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming graphicjunkie. Although you may have had the capability to delete emails from your home email server using your wireless device, this is not a function we can guarantee. I have experienced this personally, as I don't have this capability on my own device with my specific email client. I recommend accessing your email from a computer if you want to delete emails from your main account.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
SgtEarl

Ok ... Just got my new Samsung Note 3.  The exact same problem for me.  Wasn't a problem with my Motorola.  So what is the solution?  I have multiple laptops, iPad, etc.  do I need to remove all incoming emails from everything?

0 Likes
back40

What you do, is get used to it.  After contacting Verizon and Samsung, you quickly find out that “no one knows” or “it’s not our fault” or “are you sure”  or “I haven’t heard of such a problem”.....  In fact I received this email notice of your post on the 22nd.  I know I deleted it 7 times on the 23rd and at least 6 times today the 24th.  By “deleted” I mean I deleted it from the inbox and trash on my Samsung all 13 times.  Along with the 24 or so emails I received on the 23 & 24 it will probably reappear, who knows how many times again.  You and I can only hope that someone will recognize this is a problem either with apps, the Note 3  or with Verizon and fix it.  In the meantime, expect the stock answer of “well it is not our fault”.  Good Luck and remember stressful frustration is not good for you. 

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SgtEarl,

We can understand how important emails are. As Jonathan stated we cannot guarantee the service. Some manufacturers do have the ability to delete email from the main server. We apologize for any inconvenience.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
back40

You might understand how important emails are but I don’t think you understand or read the problem.  Our emails are not disappearing, we wish they would.  The problem is that emails we delete from our phone, reappear.  We delete them again and they reappear.  They may be deleted and reappear 15 to 20 times or more.  I delete mine in the inbox, then the trash and they reappear the next hour or perhaps the next day.  I completely delete them on my PC as well to make sure they are not being resent to my phone by my PC.  We just can’t get rid of them.  If you know your StarTrek lore, they are like Tribbles, multiplying  and multiplying and ya cain’t git rid of them.    There are many of us having this problem, many are posting not only on this forum but in many other places on the net.  No one ask anyone to guarantee any service, just find a way to permanently delete emails off from our Samsung Note 3.  I am confident that someone somewhere will begin to realize this is a big problem, study it and fix it.  Probably in a year or so after everyone else is through denying it is their fault.  I do appreciate your time you took to respond.  Thanks anyway. 

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Have you looked at their webmail components and see if they are there?

0 Likes
SgtEarl

Thank you Robin, however that doesn't wash since the previous 4 or phones did NOT do this. This is either a quirk of Samsung and/or a Verizon issue when combined with Samsung.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes