Re: Deleted emails are reappearing
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Unless there's a setting to control what date to download emails, as long as the email is on the server, your phone will keep getting it....my emails do not show up on my phone once they are downloaded to my email client, they are deleted at that point on the server....and I can't stand using a webmail function....barely tolerate Gmail.  You'd have to take your phone off of sync and explore more email clients for android, perhaps they have advanced functions that might be able to help you....I get way too many emails to leave on the server....it would make more sense to back up your emails on your computer you want to keep and remove them from your server......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello & happy Tuesday MommaHinck,

Emails is still one of the most popular ways to communicate, especially while on the go. We are excited to get your device settings setup the way you prefer it. Let's start with are you using the default e-mail app or did you download a 3rd party app from the Google Play Store? Also, is this a work e-mail address? As you share these critical details then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stanmpd

I'm going to jump in here as well.  I have the Note 3 with the stock email program with 4 active accounts. I am having the same issues with deleted emails re-appearing all day and night long.  I delete them, they come back. I now have 1464 emails and copies of emails in my combined trash folder.  This is making me nuts. I have read other forums and this seems to be a pretty common problem.  Heres what I have tried so far:

1.     Deleted and re-installed the email accounts.

2.     Set the number of emails to sync to all (nightmare. had to re-delete 200 + emails)

3.     Delete from server was suggested, however this is not what I want to do.

4.     Cleared email cache.

5.     Stopped myself several times from throwing the phone into a wall.

None of this has helped (Except #5) I didn't have this problem with older droid phones or my iPhone that I traded in and I am very tired of this on my phone.  Please help with this or suggest another email program that will stop this from happening. 

These also don't show up on the home screen as new emails, but when you go into the email program, it's loaded down with previously deleted emails that re-appeared.

0 Likes
Neelsmom

I am very frustrated as well.  I have a few weeks to return the device and am seriously considering doing just that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love your Note 3 stanmpd! I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with your e-mails. Does this happen with all of your e-mail clients? Are the 4 active accounts all from different clients? Do any of them successfully delete? Is it just the trash folder that won't empty? How are all the other amazing functions working on this device? I wouldn't want you to be prevented from enjoying all it has to offer based on one specific function.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

cynindesign, Leaving emails on the server or setting the server to delete them after a given number of days is a perfectly valid setting. Email clients are supposed to comply with the POP3 standard which is to keep track of which emails have been retrieved and not retrieve them again. It's not done based a date, it's based on a code (Message-ID I believe) in the header of the email. Compliance with this standard is not an "advanced function".

0 Likes
abjvs

I am having the same problem. I have one email account only. It is a verizon.net account.

0 Likes
Neelsmom

I gave up – I just turned off the syncing and am picking up emails from the web rather than downloading them.

0 Likes
Neelsmom

Any of the accounts which sync cannot tell which emails have already been downloaded. Anything that is still on the remote server just downloads over and over and over again. Very annoying. I resolved by turning off syncing for all email accounts and picking them up over the web. Thank you.

0 Likes
stanmpd

The latest update actually took care of the problem for me. I set the

number of emails to sync to Total, it dumped them back into my inbox once,

then stayed deleted.

0 Likes