Why Doesn't Smart Lock Work On My Note 4?
GOATEE43

We have 2 Note 4 phones.  One has the Smart Lock work about 70% of the time.  The other phone NEVER does.  Always requires the pin as soon as it re-locks.

This is a real pain.

I cannot use the fingerprint reader as it will not reliably recognize my fingerprints - both phones.  My partner has no problem with either phone as far as the fingerprint reader goes.

0 Likes
Re: Why Doesn't Smart Lock Work On My Note 4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GOATEE43, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. Did you recently update the software or download a new application to it?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GOATEE43

Really, I have no idea as it stopped working over 6 months ago.  There have been multiple system updates, but don't remember if any new apps have been installed in that time frame.

We definitely aren't going to do a factory reset and have to reload everything.

From what we read online, even the Pixel has this same problem, and Google hasn't been able to fix it.

So, maybe when we get new phones in a couple of years it will work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how some people feel about doing factory resets. It is definitely your chose to do one. It is a step that has fixed various types of issues. If at some point you consider it, please let us know. Have you tried restarting the phone is safe mode?

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes