Why Does Order Status Show No Record?
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

When I use the "check order status" link in a confirmation email of my order on 9/22 for a replacement Note7, it shows the order does not exist.  However, my bank notified me yesterday that Verizon charged me $61.84 in the middle of my billing cycle, presumably for this order.  I've called Verizon twice, and they now say to expect shipment tomorrow, 10/5, but I've heard that story before, when it never shipped on 9/23 and they ran out of stock, but never told me & I was waiting for a delivery that never came on 9/27.  Until yesterday, the status was still showing 9/23 as the expected ship date. 

One would expect that Verizon could at least display an accurate status report to customers. At this point, I don't believe anything they say, and won't until I see FedEx at my door.

Here is what it shows me, despite that Verizon employees can see the order from their end:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AurmLbSsLkUDv0rl7EqRkHuqT6k7

What poor service & what a non-customer focused company!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Does Order Status Show No Record?
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Followup status:

When I checked order status early on 10/6, the day after a new order was placed (& was also told then on 10/5 than no phones are available until 10/11), it showed shipped on 10/5 & then I got a shipping confirmation email from Verizon!   There was no tracking available the entire day of 10/6 though.  So who or what should I believe?

Lo & behold, today at 8am on 10/7, I received an email from UPS that my order is being delivered today! (because I signed up for UPS My Choice)  Go figure!  And finally, tracking now confirms this.  The Verizon shipping confirmation email shows ID numbers for the phone & SIM card, so it looks like it's actually coming.  I'll believe it when it's in my hands.

But remember, I was told my order had been cancelled & could not be shipped due to no record of accepted terms for a contract - so that was just [Removed], as I knew, since it hasn't been redone since then.

I sure hope the new phone battery is flawless, because I cannot imagine going through this a third time!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee
_BrianZ,

We understand being able to check your order status on your own time is important and we sincerely apologize for the trouble. We are glad to learn that we've confirmed that your order is preparing for shipping and the charge is a great indicator that this is true since you're not charged until the order is in it's final stages of processing. Still, we'd like to ease some of your concerns regarding the actual shipping. To do this, we've sent you a Private Message so that we can gather some additional information. Please check your inbox and respond to us there.

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Well, I'm sorry to report (angry actually) that this morning I got an email which said my order placed on 9/22 has been deleted.  This happened on Oct 5th, the day it was supposed to ship.  So, Verizon is now batting Zero for two, twice I've been given a shipping date (23 Sep & 5 Oct) on the phone, and twice it has failed to ship.  They now tell me they don't really have any inventory and won't have any until Oct 11th.

I very reluctantly agreed to let them create a new order, but not before getting some other answers.  I wanted to know, first, Why was my order cancelled, and second, could I still return my original Note7 for a full refund as promised by Samsung?  They had to do some checking, but told me there was no record of my acceptance of their Terms & Conditions.  I said that was not possible, because I did that online with the first phone which I paid for & have in my hands.  Ray, in Charlotte, NC, said I needed to do it again for the replacement phone, but I was never asked to do this - no email or text or anything to respond to for online processing as with the first phone, like he said was supposed to happen.  In fact, the new order confirmation email makes no reference to any such thing, and when I try to look up the new order status, it says there is no record of it, just like what was happening to the previous cancelled order.

Second, he said he called my local store for me and was told that they would not accept my RECALLED phone for a refund since it was after 30 Sep, only for replacement.  I told him Samsung's official recall statement offers this option without any mention of a deadline.  So, again, there is still a lot of finger pointing and misinformation going on, and I still cannot get a new phone shipped or return the old one.  Local store is out of stock too.

Could things get any worse with Verizon? 

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Followup status:

When I checked order status early on 10/6, the day after a new order was placed (& was also told then on 10/5 than no phones are available until 10/11), it showed shipped on 10/5 & then I got a shipping confirmation email from Verizon!   There was no tracking available the entire day of 10/6 though.  So who or what should I believe?

Lo & behold, today at 8am on 10/7, I received an email from UPS that my order is being delivered today! (because I signed up for UPS My Choice)  Go figure!  And finally, tracking now confirms this.  The Verizon shipping confirmation email shows ID numbers for the phone & SIM card, so it looks like it's actually coming.  I'll believe it when it's in my hands.

But remember, I was told my order had been cancelled & could not be shipped due to no record of accepted terms for a contract - so that was just [Removed], as I knew, since it hasn't been redone since then.

I sure hope the new phone battery is flawless, because I cannot imagine going through this a third time!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes