Where is the Note Edge Lollipop Update???
celitified
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time I research the whereabouts of the update, I get the "well we don't know" answer. It seems like I am not the only Verizon customer annoyed by this. Every other carrier has this update already implemented. Verizon seems to be the last to get everything, yet they claim to be the best. The Lollipop update addresses/adds a lot of important changes to the phone, you would think this would light a fire underneath Verizon. The Note Edge is definitely one of the most expensive phones out there, so if that isn't an incentive to roll out the update I don't know what is.

0 Likes
Re: Where is the Note Edge Lollipop Update???
Justblu42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you. It's so irritating. I just bought this note edge. The sales rep was talking to me about the s6 edge and note edge. It was a hard choice so I finally decided on the s6 simply because it has the latest software, they didn't have the style I wanted so trying to think on it the sales rep asked what's keeping me from note edge? I said it only had 4.4 on it. He says that's only because it's a display model as soon as you activate it it will go to lollipop. I'm like awesome I will get it then. I got home and it wasn't the case so I call Verizon, they have me talk to Samsung cause it's there fault, Samsung connects us and talks to Verizon and said every other carrier has it but Verizon, clearly not us. So Samsung talked to them and they said they were told we will get it. So I was debating changing phones and Samsung talked to Verizon and they agreed to swap phones if it's before the 14 day mark. So I said well if you can get Verizon to guarantee I will get it I will keep the phone. Then Samsung comes back and says they cannot. They said they will waive the restock fee and you can swap out. I said I really like this phone I just don't understand why you won't guarantee it. We talk about it for a while, the conclusion was it is going to get updated eventually just no guarantee. I have couple more days to make the choice, do I keep this really cool phone with 4.4 or trade for a cool phone that is updated with the latest software.

0 Likes
Bigdog44
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you use the Verizon upgrade assistant the lollipop update is available and thru Samsung Kies

0 Likes
2swizzle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Return the phone while you can. I had the Note Edge and it's still my favorite phone to date, however Verizon won't updated that phone because it was a limited number produce (1mm world wide) and it's a very very very small customer base for Verizon. If you want something equal or better get the s6 or s6 edge. I have the s6 edge now, you will lose a lot of the functionality of the Note Edge, but the s6 edge overall is much better. It will also get updates left and right, especially when Samsung Pay drops in 3rd quarter

0 Likes
Justblu42
Enthusiast - Level 1

They pushed it thru yesterday. I'm so glad I kept this phone. Thank you Verizon for the nice suprise

0 Likes
B33
Legend
0 Likes