Where are the Note 8 super-slow-motion function and AR emojis?
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why has Verizon stripped the super-slow-motion video function and AR emojis function from the Note 8 Update 11 that includes the September 01, 2018 Security Patch?

0 Likes
Re: Where are the Note 8 super-slow-motion function and AR emojis?
IOSIFMIKEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know the same thing. Why, WHY DOES VERIZON HAVE TO STRIP FEATURES FROM OUR PHONES AND THEIR UPDATES

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ceroley,I know updates bring improvements to the devices and also some unwelcoming changes. I apologize if your super-slow-motion function and AR emojis are missing. I would like to make sure we see what we can do to get them back. Can you tell me if you have checked your devices for a recent update on the device? It appears they have been placed back on the device. Please recheck the device to see if all updates have been loaded. Please keep me posted.

Veronica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IOSIFMIKEL, Updates are meant to enhance, and having a battery that lasts is important. Help is here. How long is your battery lasting? How long ago was the update processed?

Kati_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IOSIFMIKEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, there is nothing, I updated on the 24th of September and there is no support for AR emoji or super slow motion which was supposed to be with this update..

And as for my battery I would undock at 8am and by 12 I would have 94%

Now I undock at 8 and by 11 I'm at 55%

0 Likes
vrznplz

I've put up with Verizon stripping features from phones that everyone else gets and now this is the last straw. Once my phone is paid up I'll be leaving Verizon and going to T-Mobile. If you are tired of Verizon's [remove], skipping you out of additional features that everyone else gets then I highly recommend you also move away from Verizon to another carrier. Show these providers they can't just get away with this

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
ghnote
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still have the slow motion option on my camera.

Open Camera

Swipe right and I can see the slo-mo option.

Don't know about the emojis as I don't use them.

0 Likes
IOSIFMIKEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, slow motion is still there, however they were supposed to add the

super slow mo function and that is missing sadly

ghnote
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ahhhh...didn't realize that. I probably read it wrong...sorry.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Samsung Galaxy Note8 is a great device and we do want to make sure that you have all the details regarding the latest update, IOSIFMIKEL.  Looking at the latest software release notes, I see that there were only security updates to the device.  You can click on this link for all the OS update details: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note8-update/. I have the same device and I have not noticed any difference in the battery.  You can check your battery performance by going to Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery and it will tell you if what apps are using how much of your battery.  If anything we do recommend making sure that your apps are also up to date.

Adam_VZW

0 Likes