Re: When will Andriod 5.1.1 be released for the Galaxy Note 4?
Snn5
Legend

Just use a SIM from a currently activated phone on your line.  Swap and done.  If the card is a different size, use an adapter.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Except there is only ONE SKU and model for the Nexus 6. The phone works on all the USA carriers. It has the frequencies for Sprint, Verizon Wireless, AT&T and T-Mobile plus the other regional carriers. It will work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks...  Now I know what I will do next!  Didn't read into it far enough!

daimien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why are we talking but the nexus when it's a note 4 catagory

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Why are we talking but the nexus when it's a note 4 catagory"

Because one of the other posters was considering replacing their Note 4 with the Nexus in hopes of getting system updates faster.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you Ann154, and thank you everyone for all your help!

0 Likes
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

I like how Verizon boast over how great 5.1.1 is and giving you reasons to download it if you haven't already. Well, there is one good reason why we haven't downloaded it yet, Verizon...want to take a guess?

Android Lollipop 5.1.1's Best Features

Tidbits
Legend

You know that shows specific devices that currently have it. Says nothing about the Note 4. No one has shown any proof Samsung finished their contractual agreement, and it is in Verizons hands completed and ready to go. If you want proof then get someone higher than a low level Samsung rep to make an official statement instead of hiding and pointing the finger. If the manufacturer really wanted to support their product they would say something officially and in writing. I mean Google did... Motorola did... HTC did... Apple does...

IF Verizon was withholding the updates why in the mother of god did Verizon update all the devices that do have it.   Verizon wants to hold the update to get people to sign new contracts or buy new devices. That's why those arguments always fall apart.

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, specifically AT&T now has 5.1.1 on their Note 4 as of yesterday. Once again, Verizon is late to the party.

Tidbits
Legend

Yesterday...

T-Mobile?  Nope will never get it, and is official.  They are going to skip to Marshmallow.  They are not even going to get the security updates until Marshmallow.

So what's the argument now?  Why doesn't Samsung higher up if they wanted to protect their products state why instead of asking Samsung?  Who do you think has more clout?  Do you think Samsung would bend to Verizon?  Samsung is the second largest manufacturer(barely second to Apple even with the decline of recent sales) couldn't use their clout to force Verizon to update their products?  Seriously people use your brains.

0 Likes