Re: When will Andriod 5.1.1 be released for the Galaxy Note 4?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why should I look for it? You are the ones trying to prove that Verizon is behind the times?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just about everybody doesn't mean everybody which points to not everybody has it. T-Mobile doesn't have it and a slew of regions don't have it even though those fan sites includes them in a general sense of a region.

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google is your friend. Verizon is notorious for being late and most every website that follows new technology acknowledges that. This is well documented. I give you the Note 3 as a prime example. Just like ASUS on their tablets, they totally ignored their customers issues while raking in huge dollars and ignoring the problems. I swear, someone here must work for Verizon. Poor customer service is just that, poor. Just look at the Verizon responses, no news like always. They provide nothing but can responses. "We care." Really, then do something and stop bsing. It's beyond old.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ironically those same technology sites will tell you Verizon has been quicker in the last 2 years than year prior. Generally AT&T and T-Mobile were on average slower. Sprint has sped up and slowed down depending on which manufacturer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I decided to check the Samsung website. Lollipop 5.0 was issued to the T-Mobile Note 4 after the Verizon model. Of the big four carriers, only Sprint has released 5.1.1 to the Note 4. Which means the T-Mobile and AT&T models are waiting with the Verizon model. Samsung does appear to have released smaller security updates for those three models. Your argument hold no weight.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

And your argument that NO carrier has it,  is correct?  I talked to Samsung and their rep said they released it to all the carriers at the same time...  We can argue this till the cows come home.  We need the update, we need it now and Verizon wont release it.  I guess maybe they are waiting for enough of us to get frustrated enough like they did with the Note 3 to buy new phones and make them even more money!

Snn5
Legend

Jhahn01 wrote:

And your argument that NO carrier has it,  is correct?

Ann154 wrote:

Of the big four carriers, only Sprint has released 5.1.1 to the Note 4.

Sprint...that's at least one carrier that has released it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get an iphone if you care so much about updates releasing at the same time.  Then you and the rest of the world will have to wait until all the driver partners and carriers have completed their testing before the updates are issued.

Until then learn the truth about how android updates are handled, because the misinformtion you keep repeating is getting you nowhere.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Samsung reps on the phone. Someone at the bottom who would NEVER know. You need someone to say that from the actual development team and is willing to put his name on it or some higher official from Samsung. A base line rep will never know this stuff.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I want to note the US Cellular verison of the Note 4 doesn't have 5.1.1 either. So FOUR out of five US carriers don't have the update sent to them for testing or having completed their certification testing to verify it won't break the phones or the network.