Re: When will Andriod 5.1.1 be released for the Galaxy Note 4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our customers are the reason we exist so we have the utmost respect for you all. We know that everyone is highly anticipating the release of the 5.1.1 software. I am as well being a owner of the Note 4. Google has the main control of it's release as Ann154 stated. Personally, I perfer them take as long as they need in order to get any and all glitches handeled before a mass release. Is there anything outside of this that drove you to making that statement? We are here to help.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

I would totally agree with you if they didn't break so many users phone with the prior updates.  The same thing happened to me with a Note 3 and I had to buy the Note 4 to get a usable phone.  Took months of arguing with you people to make that happen. I finally got a sympathetic manager that let me upgrade early.  And that cost me $299 a little over a year ago.  The Note 4 worked Great till the stagefright update and now the sensitivity is down and Bluetooth is acting crazy.  I normally use it in safe mode so I can actually make phone calls. I feel like Verizon is pushing me into buying another phone to get me something usable.  I know I will not get a Samsung, even though I like the phone when it works, it just doesn't work for an extended period of time.   I know you guys are trying to help, but it just seems too many people have the same problems to be an isolated thing.   Please HELP US!  We pay too much for our service to not have usable phones!

shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm thinking they might not release 5.1.1 for us and jump to Marshmallow 6.0 instead

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then it will be a couple more months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh please. Verizon and every other carrier has had 5.1.1 for months. How come other carriers already have it? How come it's already on other phones? Just like the Note 3 as was mentioned, I upgraded to the Note 4 to get a phone that would even work. Stop the lies Verizon, just stop. Do you not read or do you just not care? There are thousands of posts on the same subject, you not taking care of your customers. Nexus and AT&T here I come. Done with your lies Verizon.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless and the other carriers don't have Android 5.1.1. The manufacturers have the code. Each phone has a team of people writing the code for each phone. I would suspect one team could have several phones assigned to them and some of those phones have a higher priority then the others. There are many phones on many carriers that don't have the update yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

What are you talking about? Other carriers most certainly have it on their phones. 5.1.1 was released months ago. The fact is, like the Note 3, the need to get it out because of the problems on the Note 4. They never took care of the Note 3. I went nearly 8 months not receiving phone calls. Don't tell me Verizon isn't responsible. It's all their crap they attach that takes forever.

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sprint has had 5.1.1 out for well over a month.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Proof? Proof for the other carriers?

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Just Google it on the internet.  They keep track of things like that...  Just about everybody but Verizon has it...