When will Andriod 5.1.1 be released for the Galaxy Note 4?
mjsjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been reading all the on line information and lots of other models have been receiving the Lollipop 5.1.1 update including the NEW S6, so why are the Note 4 phones not getting the update. I AM VERY UPSET

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will Andriod 5.1.1 be released for the Galaxy Note 4?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has no control over the updates beyond verifying them for certification and testing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung likely hasn't finished writing the code for the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you like updates, Verizon and Samsung are the last companies you want to do business with! They are both terribly slow, so put them together, and you're bound to wait months for an update.

Lollipop 5.1.1 was released in April and we're still waiting. I've given up at this point and have just decided to not do business with either next time I'm ready to purchase.

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Yea,  Verizon doesn't seem to care if they have us for customers or not!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has no control over the updates beyond verifying them for certification and testing.

0 Likes
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe the delay is due to Verizon trying to update the boot screen with their nifty new logo?

0 Likes
cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

I read that samsung is updating the galaxy note pro tablet to 5.1.1 on verizon so i hope the note 4 is next, also read the its coming in oct for the note 4...

0 Likes
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Just a thought...wondering if the delay is due to the Note 5 because, IMO, not much separates the N4 and N5 in performance for the average user so if both were running 5.1, then people might prefer the N4 since it would most likely be cheaper since its a generation old, and it has a larger/removable battery and expandable storage. Since the N5 ditched a few benefits people prefer, maybe its only selling point is 5.1 and pretty, fingerprint magnet glass? haha, just IMO

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

If you really believe that I have a bridge I would love to sell you.  They all ( different carriers ) get the updates from Samsung at the same time and then Verizon does whatever they want to it before they push it to us.  Unfortunately Verizon adds a lot of bloatware to it and then tests has to make sure their stuff doesn't break the phone, but most of the time it does.  I have been around the block with this having a S3, S4, S5 and Notes 3 and 4.  Usually about the time a new updated phone comes out, they send us a partial update which we all bite into and breaks our phone. Then they wait until we are frustrated enough to buy a new phone to see if the new one will work any better than the old one.  My next phone will be a Nexus, where Verizon does not send out the updates, Google does.  It will have all the newest stuff the fastest.  Done with Samsung and if there was something better out there, I would be done with Verizon

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Why?  They have had months to do it!

0 Likes