Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has nothing to do with the mail.

How do you think these things are getting back to Samsung? Not only that, but people within the 14 day window can ship theirs. And I was told I could ship mine back if I paid full price for a new one and then would be refunded, when recieved.

An easy solution would be, since the exchange program wants us all to get rid of our Notes regarldess of what other phone we get, Verizon could just make all Note 7s eligible for return, exchange, or even an Upgrade in our accts and we can just settle it ourselves when stock allows.

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
wwwzzz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another dumb reply from Verizon. Everyone is automatically over 14 days from purchase because Verizon has not shipped Note 7 since September 1.

I checked out other carriers to see what they are doing. T-Mobile is providing the best information for exchanging your phone, including an 800 number to call to request having your replacement shipped to you.

JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, clearly rgang and tbits have some sort of relationship with verizon - either they're actual employees or their working to earn brownie points on their next upgrade.  If you think VZ corporate is above that i have a bridge to sell you, cheap.

1) the phones are not, "illegal" to ship through the mail.  That is a willfully made-up statement by someone with an agenda.  Heck, folks can still take Note 7s on pressurized crowded passenger airplanes, SO LONG AS THEY'RE TURNED OFF.

2) Verizon has just stated you can do a mail exchange so long as you're within they artificial 14 day return period, so no blaming Verizon's customer screwing policies on safety or even internal caution.

3) What"s really going on is classic loss control.   VZ knows that some percentage of people wont bother with the return at all if they make it difficult.  It's the same practice car dealers follow on auto recalls and why we've had to regulate them. They get botton dollar for recall work, the less they have to do, the better.   VZ has to take time processing, entering and moving returns, the fewer they get, the more they make.  Dont think a middle manager at Verizon as any better ethics than on ar Wells Fargo - if they can save 10 bucks each on 5,000 customers, heck, it's bonus/or at least dont get fired time.  'Ed, i see your unit spent $22 per suscriber handling the recall, Bob, in the next sector over kept it down to $6 - pack your bags son"

0 Likes
Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7?  That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
Tidbits
Legend

Care to wager I have 0 vested interest nor do I work for Verizon. I am willing to bet my house and $250,000.  I am dead serious here. Just because you don't like to hear the facts and the truth doesn't make a person have some sort of special interest, work for, or a shill. My current job you will have to sign a hefty confidentiality agreement, and a waiver in the event if you ever die we are not held liable.

You want to know something cool? My job pays for my Verizon line. I left them with my personal line. I am a firm believer money talks more than words ever will in a free market. I have always told people on this forum on various occasion talk with that money and move on. It'll hurt Verizon's pocketbooks if enough people do it.

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7?  That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
Tidbits
Legend

All carriers are handling the returns exactly the same....  Even the Feds themselves made this guidelines.  Why do you think Amazon tells you to keep the phones for now. They need to wait for the feds to get approved methods for returns.   Of course what do I know.

Tidbits
Legend

FYI yes they are illegal. Like I said walk into USPS, or FedEx with the box and phone and tell them you want to ship it. They'll reject you as they already been briefed about the recall.

UPS made a public statement they will not ship the Note 7. However they were just approved by the Feds to ship ground shipping using a special package. Anything before that statement anything being shipped is illegal and the Feds will back me up on that as they haven't gotten those special packages made and delivered yet.

Reepks
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI:  USPS adjusts mailing procedures for Samsung Note 7 recall – Postal Times

Samsung update

USPS adjusts mailing procedures

Sept. 6 at 11:28 a.m.

USPS has announced changes affecting the shipment of Samsung Note 7 devices. USPS has announced changes affecting the shipment of Samsung Note 7 devices. The Postal Service will only ship Samsung Note 7 devices via USPS Retail Ground/Parcel Select due to potential safety hazards pertaining to lithium ion batteries. The change took effect Sept. 2. USPS has established rules and regulations regarding the mailing of lithium ion batteries both domestically and internationally. Suspect batteries or any damaged device containing lithium-ion must be properly packaged and travel via ground transportation.

These restrictions apply:  

• Mailers must package the smartphone in rigid packaging, such as cardboard or hard plastic boxes. Soft packs and padded envelopes are not acceptable.  
  • The Surface Transportation Only label must be affixed to the outside of the package.

Damaged and recalled lithium batteries continue to be prohibited in international mail, including mail to and from Army Post Offices, Fleet Post Offices and Diplomatic Post Offices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link in case someone else wants to see the official statement. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall Updates

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually packaging manufactured under that special hazardous materials permit has been in use for quite some time. Lithium ion batteries are not new, nor is the potential danger associated them. There have been numerous other battery recalls by other manufacturers of laptops, for instance, and return and replacement or even transport for disposal had to happen by some means. I believe only FedEx and UPS are the only shippers authorized to handle such shipments with the various safety protocol a being met.

http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/PHMSA/SPA_App/OfferDocuments/SP16011_2013100129.pdf

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

As of Sep 15th they got approval to ship them via ground.  Any time before that it would be illegal...  I also bet the person who claimed Verizon allowed them to ship to them used Air shipping, and no special packaging for it which even UPS says it's a no no.  I know these very well.  I live in Hawaii and we have to know this stuff due to the fact DOT guidelines prohibit us from even ordering any external battery packs to here.  If they do ship we have to pay an exorbitant amount and it will take about a month to be shipped on a ship.Smiley Happy

As Samsung defines and communicates its recall replacement program for its Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones, UPS has offered our support and will continue to monitor the situation. UPS follows International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), International Air Transport Association (IATA) and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines that currently prohibit air shipments for any lithium battery products recalled for safety reasons.