Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7?  That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

JSM71: You impression of 'safe' is telling. You may find the list of materials common carriers  consider hazardous informative. Your lack of respect for the Postmaster is disappointing. As of 2016 there are new transportation laws, in case you are interested I provide these:

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_026.htm#ep900090

Shipping Dangerous Goods – FedEx

UPS: Shipping Batteries or Devices with Batteries

The consequences for not correctly declaring the contents of the material being shipped is also spelled out.

And please note that these guidelines are being superseded by more recent rules being put in place just for the Note7 to help the consumer. A number of members on this forum have already provided these.

I am amazed and somewhat in admiration of the folks in the bureaucracy for having moved so quickly to help us with the Note7 problem. What is so remarkable is that they have not forgotten the consumers in remote areas. Perhaps it is going to take a few more days to work out the kinks.

As I have said in another thread, I came to this forum to see what was best option for me in terms of getting my replacement Note7. This I have found and so I am satisfied. Like everyone else I have to wait till next week.

0 Likes
Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7?  That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your admiration for your paymaster is admirabl, loyalty should stay bought.  This is clear, because Verizon has done NOTHING for those of us who bought online.  I was refused an exchange at a corporate store because, "you didn't buy it here" and i'll be [removed] if I'm standing in another line when i shouldnt have had to stand in the first.  You know nothing about the shipping rules for these phones, verizon is sending boxes to a select few, but for the rest of us, they are clearly communicating that there is no real danger and no rush to exchange our phones.   As it goes, actions speak louder than words

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sprint already has the new Notes available online, Sprint customers have already been able to get replacements AND have emails that their replacement orders were processing......ONLINE.

Tidbits
Legend

Online... Treated as new customers for those who submitted their devices. Just like you would have been if you submitted your device beforehand. Which I said in some other thread beforehand is what was going to happen.

Sprint got theirs first more than likely because they did the least and has been losing customers. If this information is true.

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually no. Replacement orders. As I said.

From my understanding, they were able to call and set up a replacement to be sent when ready. Why we cant do that is beyond me.

Tidbits
Legend

Link and officially not something speculated or assumed. I mean you could have done that sooner so I am assuming it is what someone heard and you took it as fact.

Also show where they have to send back their phones vs going in store.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

RACBRO3 wrote:

Actually no. Replacement orders. As I said.

From my understanding, they were able to call and set up a replacement to be sent when ready. Why we cant do that is beyond me.

Sprint says to the contrary in their official press.  I think they would have changed it by now if it was available.  Their guidelines are exactly the same as Verizon's or any other carrier for that matter.  People look way too deep. 

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note7-customers-can-get-replacement-d...

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today confirmed that new Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than Sept. 21. As the safety of our customers is a top priority, Sprint recommends that all of its Note7 customers follow the recall guidelines.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oops wrong section...

We want to make sure that when customers come to our stores to receive their new device, they have a great experience,” said Rod Millar, senior vice president product. “We need to ensure that inventory has reached our stores and that our store representatives have enough time to spend with each customer to transfer data. Beginning Monday, Sept. 19, we’re encouraging all customers to make an appointment at www.sprint.com/storelocator.”

0 Likes
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Android Central forums.

People talk about what they are going through, just like here.

Apparently, Sprint is allowing shipments of replacement phones and sending boxes for recalled phones to be returned...if you request it.

People have also already gotten their new phones and have posted photos, manufactored date screen shots. Etc.

Also someone posted a chat with Verizon where they stated they could call the 21st and arrange the delivery of their new phone and they still have their recalled note 7.

Sure, you dont have to believe any of them, or me, nor do we have to believe you. Nor is Sprint or Verizon going to give the precise details you are requesting, as we have already figured out.

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

That's why I was wanting mine shipped, so I'd have a few days to tweak....then return, but Tibbits made a valid comment, if the AIRLINES DON'T WANT THEM WHY WOULD SHIPPING COMPANIES???  That raises a question...how will all those phones be returned to Samsung...if that's the plan

0 Likes