What is up with the latest update? Wifi and mobile connection issues.
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

What's up with the latest update(N910VVRU2CPF3)? Now my Note 4 can not have both the Wifi on with the mobile data on. When both are on I get errors no internet connections when using apps or Internet app. I have done a complete factory reset, but still does the same thing. I am currently having to manual them on and off depending my location.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is up with the latest update? Wifi and mobile connection issues.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden, I would be just as puzzled with an experiecne like this too. Both features enabled should not be causing that type of experience. I recommend utilizing the software repair tool as this can help fix this issue. In addition check your wireless router to see if it is broadcasting in both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz. Try utilizing only the 2.4 Ghz mode to see if both will work in tandem via that setting. 

http://spr.ly/6582BvtBm

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden, I would be just as puzzled with an experiecne like this too. Both features enabled should not be causing that type of experience. I recommend utilizing the software repair tool as this can help fix this issue. In addition check your wireless router to see if it is broadcasting in both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz. Try utilizing only the 2.4 Ghz mode to see if both will work in tandem via that setting. 

http://spr.ly/6582BvtBm

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

The Verizon software isn't on the phone. When I plug my phone into the

computer it doesn't come up asking if I want to install the software. It

just goes to as a USB device. When the my phone was on 5.0 it was there,

but 6.0 isn't there. Where can I down load the Repair Assistant - Software

Upgrade Assistant (Samsung)?

Thanks.

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you change the USB connection type from the default charging only mode after you plugged it into the computer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

It doesn't give you the option when you plug in to the computer. It only

comes up as a usb drive. Since things changed with 6.0.1 I found the usb

settings in the developer options and there is 6 options under usb

configuration. Charging, MTP, PTP, RNDIS, AUDIO SOURCE AND MIDI.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those are the connection types. You have to swipe down the notification shade and change it to MTP or PTP.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.