What happens to the annual upgrade option I have with the Note 7 if I select an S7 Edge as a replacement?
ERIKOD32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will I maintain the annual upgrade option I have with the Note 7 if I select an S7 Edge as a replacement?  I chose the Note 7 for the phone itself and the annual upgrade option.  If the annual upgrade option is not available with the S7 Edge what are my options to maintain the annual upgrade?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happens to the annual upgrade option I have with the Note 7 if I select an S7 Edge as a replacement?
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can appreciate wanting to be sure you have not only a safe phone in hand but the best options for upgrades going forward, ERIKOD32. Currently, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are the only devices available for purchase with the Annual Upgrade Program: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/ . Please keep in mind that with any device payment upgrade https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs/ you have the option to pay the device off and then upgrade to a new device payment anytime after 30 days.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What happens to the annual upgrade option I have with the Note 7 if I select an S7 Edge as a replacement?
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can appreciate wanting to be sure you have not only a safe phone in hand but the best options for upgrades going forward, ERIKOD32. Currently, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are the only devices available for purchase with the Annual Upgrade Program: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/ . Please keep in mind that with any device payment upgrade https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs/ you have the option to pay the device off and then upgrade to a new device payment anytime after 30 days.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ERIKOD32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the response JenniferH_VZW.  If I had known I risked losing the annual upgrade option when I replaced my original Note 7 with the "safe" Note 7 that both Samsung and Verizon assured everyone would not have any issues I would have chosen the S7 Edge then because it was still an annual upgrade device.  It seems short-sided on Verizon's part to take the annual upgrade option away from customers who choose to select another Samsung device that was annual upgrade eligible when they first chose the Note 7 or replaced their original one. This is an unfortunate situation for everyone - Samsung, VZW and customers.  I think Verizion should reconsider the annual upgrade option if customers choose a replacement device that was annual upgrade eligible when they selected the Note 7.  I believe Verizon would still make money on the S7 Edge if I paid off half the device and turned it back in to Verizon to sell again.  Customers should not have to bear the brunt for this unfortunate incident.

LOLO2379
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I chose a Samsung phone because all of our TV's and electronics are Samsung, and I wanted the annual upgrade. Now our only option is to go to an IPhone. Wow VZW, where is your customer loyalty? We aren't choosing to trade in the Note 7.... We debated not upgrading and going to Sprint. Maybe we'll have to...

dstack1776
Enthusiast - Level 3

My family surprised me and paid off my S7 Edge to get me a Note as a birthday gift. So I found myself faced with going back to the S7 Edge, both having lost that $$$ for nothing and losing the annual upgrade. Multiple calls to Customer Support yielded no path to getting the annual upgrade back on the S7 Edge. I'm using an older spare phone while I consider my options.

Sirmae
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not the way to keep customers happy. Annual upgrade was the biggest reason I stayed with a note after the initial issues with it. And now you are nit going to stand behind that!?

robbscut
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree and I am going to be leaving Verizon because of this failure to make us whole. Hello T-mobile!

sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with everyone's comments above.  I called Verizon twice today and spoke to 2 different reps and got same answer about the annual upgrade.  They both said things change everyday and that I should keep checking back that maybe the S7 edge, Pixel XL or LG V20 may have the annual upgrade added.  However they kept saying that my note 7 has the annual upgrade, which I know and I really didn't understand why they kept reminding me of this.  I explained that I want a phone with the S Pen and a sd card, and I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung comes out with Note 8 early to make up for things, which one rep agreed with me.  I continued to say I believe that the latest would be a year out.  I told them that I don't want to be locked in so that I am unable to obtain the phone that I want.  They both said they understand and that I should keep checking in.  I also voiced my disgust that neither Verizon nor Samsung is honoring what the terms of what we bought originally for something that was beyond our control.  I said if they don't and people are made to give up their phones, eventually people will end up switching carriers in order to get out of their "replacement phones" and into a phone that they actually want.  Being a customer of Verizon for about 15 to 20 years that would be unfortunate if I had to move to another carrier.

photomu
Enthusiast - Level 3

robbscut

I too am looking at dropping service and going elsewhere.  If I have to go to a subpar phone, I'm just going to look at going to a cheaper carrier with unlimited data on phones that I'm gonna have to get anyway....  There are several second tier carriers who will work just as well with a downgrade the the S7

Sirmae
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you! I am ready to find a new carrier as well. We have been Verizon customers for around 20 years as well and have 5 lines. Seems like this is going to be Verizon's loss as well as Samsung's.