What Steps Should I Take For The Galaxy Note 7 Recall?
jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall FAQs

9-19-2016 5-19-26 PM.png9-19-2016 5-18-35 PM.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm thinking this is what I need to do? VZW please, confirm!
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to make this process as easy as possible for you, jdmnd2016. I am happy to help point you in
the right direction. You can certainly return/exchange the Note 7 at one of our corporate store locations since you purchased it directly from Verizon. Please keep in mind our retail stores are experiencing an increase in traffic with customers looking to exchange devices. The new Note 7 stock varies by location, with some stores currently sold out. I still recommend visiting a store to exchange because they can order you a new Note 7 (ships to your home) if they are out of stock. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns about this process. We’re happy to help.

AnthonyC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me add that we pre-ordered two N7's thru VZW online and we are in Maine. Can we take our phones to our local store and trade them out or not?

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

Making sure you have a safe device is our top priority, jdmnd2016. The details included at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/ are indeed correct. We are strongly urging any customers who purchased a Note 7 follow these steps to return or exchange their device.

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PHIBON33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to my local Corporate Verizon store today (9/19) to inquire on the return/exchange program and they still had no idea on when or if they would receive any of the new (non-exploding) Note 7s.  They were completely unaware of any shipments prior or on 9/21 per the latest Samsung notification.

Verizon, please, please get your Corp communications act together such that your stores know the program, and know what's being shipped to them by when.

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to make this process as easy as possible for you, jdmnd2016. I am happy to help point you in
the right direction. You can certainly return/exchange the Note 7 at one of our corporate store locations since you purchased it directly from Verizon. Please keep in mind our retail stores are experiencing an increase in traffic with customers looking to exchange devices. The new Note 7 stock varies by location, with some stores currently sold out. I still recommend visiting a store to exchange because they can order you a new Note 7 (ships to your home) if they are out of stock. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns about this process. We’re happy to help.

AnthonyC_VZW

jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony, thank you. We will be going this route. I didn't see this reply prior to my reply at the end of this set of comment thread. I will take your word on this and hope it works out as we are in a small town in Southern, Maine and only have one store nearby and aren't sure if we could go to NH store which is where we would normally go as it's 10 minutes away. It's been a tough wait and hard it's hard to remain calm at this point. So, maybe you can take a look through the whole thread and assure a few more people who are having major issues. I chose to have my service through VZW because I was once a CSR in the VZW call center so I have a very knowledge of what it must be like on the front lines right but  I've been really disappointed at Corp and all I've seen these last two weeks not just for myself but for all who are still begging for solid answers on this very forum. In my opinion that's just wrong and maybe VZW could put their more seasoned CSR's on this. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

0 Likes