Well, I tried.
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

So I stopped into a Verizon store to put my hands on the few options we have to replace the note 7. My choices were down to the LG V20 or Pixel XL. I have already done my research and am leaning towards the V20. However, the sales team at the Verizon store has their own agenda. As soon as I mention V20, the sales guy starts pushing me towards the Pixel?!?  I asked a question about the V20 and he tells me the answer with an added "but the Pixel does blah blah blah." Whatever it did in comparison. I would love to try some features or settings out of demo mode as well. Some settings/options are important to me. Sadly, the only way to accomplish this is to buy the phone and risk disliking it, then paying the restocking fee. On top of the annoying sales experience (yes, it was a corporate store) that often resembled a used car lot, nothing was in stock. So, upgrade/downgrade is a must, but they have have NOTHING to sell us. Verizon, if you could just shove bamboo splinters under my fingernails as soon as I walk into the store, you'd really complete the awful experience tbis whole thing has been.

Re: Well, I tried.
mama23dogs
Legend

Just because they are ga ga for the latest big thing does not mean you have to listen.  From your comments I don't take you for a doormat.  Let the sales people know the same.

The rumor is they work on commission.  If clerk one gives you any trouble, tell that person you will speak to clerk 2 and give them your sale.

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

If they had any inventory, I certainly would have done that. They just dont have anything in stock.

mama23dogs
Legend

Try Best Buy.  Many have working versions, you just need one of the big stores.  Read reviews and use the forum to ask about the features You are looking for.  They do seem to market to different buyers, the pixel more productivity, LG more entertainment.

0 Likes