Re: We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon!
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea but a Nexus 6 is a phablet..too big for my tastes

Neither Nexus have an SD card slot or IP67 waterproof/dustproof certification.

Ahh...1st world problems

0 Likes
UmX
Enthusiast - Level 3

nexus 6p is the same size as the note 4

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've just given up on Verizon ever really doing anything about this. Just waiting on my fi invite in a week or so, then I'm most likely gone - don't care what I have to pay really, I just want off. Poor service, most expensive, and late to update anything. I know some people seem to think it isn't Verizon's fault, but at this point, does that even matter? It's still not on our Note 4 models, and looking at the boards, a few other phones on Verizon as well, regardless of who's fault it is, and that's just shitty. I shouldn't have to be stressed about whether or not my phone will work today or not, and wonder why my update is months late.

Actually looking forward to a Nexus 6P after the crap that's been Note 4 on lollipop.

0 Likes
UmX
Enthusiast - Level 3

ya i am on the waiting list for the google FI service.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Waiting on 6P to come in ...

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

I got my fi invite so really thinking about leaving verizon and given Google fi a try at least I won't have to wait for updates for ever from verizon

0 Likes
Note4s
Enthusiast - Level 2

My brother in law just got on to the Google Fi platform and so far so good for him.  We have 5 phones right now with Verizon,  3 Note 4s and 2 Galaxy 5s.  At the moment it is too expensive to move but after 15 plus years with Verizon I have been looking into all of my options as we are tired of the only options/fixes being to pay off your phone and buy another phone that will be obsolete and buggy on Verizons network. We had the same issues with the Galaxy 3 updates breaking our phones but for some reason we stuck it out.  If I have to pay off my phones it wouldn't be to get another phone on this network.  Waiting now for the cost to leave to work out for me.

Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

Soooo.....Verizon, tomorrow will be 4 months (120 days) ago that our Note 4's had any kind of software update (August 10th). Could we at least have some sort of idea as to what you've been working on (if at all) for the red headed step child of your smartphone line up? Numerous Note 4 models in the US (one US carrier pushed 5.1.1 back in August and about a month ago sent a second 5.1.1 OTA fix to the same Note 4) have Android 5.1.1 now, the unlocked and international Note 4 models received it in August as well. Android Marshmallow 6.0 has been out for a couple of months now (September 29th), with 6.0.1 just released this week. A US carrier Note 5 user received a Marshmallow build on his phone a few weeks ago, as well as a Note 4 user in Hungary receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow just the other day. It's clear Samsung is done with Android 5.1.1 builds, they wouldn't just move onto Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I'm not asking for a date when the next update will come, I'm asking for some transparency, there are issues on our current android 5.0.1 (which 5.0.1 was released to AOSP on or around December 3rd, 2014, if I'm not mistaken, so we're on a build that's a year old now) build which the last update of 5.0.1 we received was 4 months ago, we would simply like to know, is there any software update that has been in the works? I understand Samsung had to first create it (which I'm sure by now, they've completed a build for this specific SM-N910V model, as 120 days is a good amount of time), then it gets sent to you (Verizon) and you guys test it "vigorously" to make sure it fully works on the network. If you don't like something with the build, you send it back and make Samsung respin the code. I understand that it then comes back and must get certified before it's pushed out OTA or it very well could get sent back again. A simple ball park idea of where any update is along its path of OTA would bring some much needed peace of mind when it's decently well past other carriers release schedules for the same phone, and yes I know one just received it November 30th, that was late too, when the other 2 major carriers pushed it months earlier. A simple "we're working diligently to bring an update to the Verizon Note 4 ASAP,as we hear your issues and xoncerns" would be a terrific start. Maybe you could mention if it has had to be sent back to Samsung for additional refinement or not? If that's the case, "Oh, OK, cool, at least they are working on providing some fixes to my $700 smartphone" would be my response. I'd hope at this point, after this amount of time (4 months since the previous update), the reason we are waiting on any update to fix issues on our Note 4's, is simply because it needed to be sent back a couple of times for additional refinement. That'd work, a little transparency regarding a software update would go along way. I understand you don't want to say a date and not be able to follow through on that, as unexpected bugs and unforseen issues arise. That's fine, but some transparency would be very settling while we continue to wait, are we going to be waiting for a few more months for a 5.1.1 update? Are you just going to call it a year for the Note 4 and instead release a 6.0.X Marshmallow update? Or have things come up during testing and builds sent back a few times? Thanks!!!

Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

If having the latest software on our phones is Verizon's top priority,  why am I asking about this again over 2 months later??  Seriously Verizon,  you force an update on us that we didn't ask for and it destroys our phones,  and then we are just left hanging?  Superior customer service.  I think it's time for you to come out and say you moved on from us and we aren't getting the update.  That's perfectly clear.  Why would it surprise me,  you did it to us on our last phone.   All of these Verizon customers need to start a class action suit and start holding Verizon accountable for stealing people's money for subpar service and equipment.

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got an OTA update for my S5. Installed - still 5.0 and now all my apps installed on my SD card are "not available". Awesome job VW!! More inclination to never buy your branded phones.

0 Likes