Re: We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon!
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

I am asking myself the same question?

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

Waiting and still waiting for the 5.1.1 update for the note 4 owner's it can't be that hard to push out the update since the s6 already has it

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bump...where the heck are the updates..samsung released them over a month ago, get on it Verizon Wireless...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, get on it Samsung. The T-Mobile model hasn't gotten 5.1.1 yet either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just don't believe Verizon doesn't know about updates!!

0 Likes
GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will S5 owners get 5.1.1 before the end of October?

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ummm actually Ann154 - 5.1.1 has already been released from Samsung...it's the carriers who are lagging

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seeing as to how October is over this Saturday, chances are slim to none.

0 Likes
UmX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google Nexus 6P - problem solved.

0 Likes
Jersey3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problems. Lag, very poor battery performance all after I did the 5.0.1 update. I did several master resets with Verizon and one with Samsung on a third party call with Verizon. Samsung said that this is their proceedure for helping this problem. Guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK! Finally I had a Verizon rep who told me to go to Best Buy and see the Samsung reps at the Samsung Experience kiosk. I did what they asked and was glad I did. After explaining my issues she knew exactly what the problem was. She explained that when you download the lollipop 5.0 via WiFi or 4G you have gaps that occur in the signal which can affect the program. She downloaded the 5.0.1 again this time hard wired from her computer. I didn't have to do anything else. It was all free and took about ten minutes. The night before I went my battery was charged 100%. I unplugged it and wanted to see however much drain on the battery would be. I closed out running apps and my updates are on manual not auto sync. In 8 hours my battery was at 78%. After the fix she did battery loss the next night under the same circumstances was at a 96% charge. Impressive. Performance and lag have been eliminated and the phone seems to be like it was before the update. Believe me I still want the 5.1.1 and I think Verizon is dancing around this issue but at least this is an Avenue you might want to consider until they finally decided to put it out.