Re: We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon!
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

By chance are you running a 3rd party launcher? I read somewhere on an unrelated topic that this person was experiencing terrible lag since updating their phone to LP, but once they uninstalled or stop using the 3rd party launcher and started using the TW default, the lag was gone. Not sure if it was that particular launcher or not, but I thought I would give it a shot. I was running NOVA and decided to uninstall it and noticed the recent menu is a bit snappier...still a slight stall, but improved. Not sure if its a coincidence or not...but bummed if that is the issue, I love NOVA and hate TouchWiz

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I am using the default Touchwiz launcher. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
lkirkland88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues, Switched from nexus 6 to this and nothing but problems. The GPS doesnt even work  80% of the time and I use it a lot for my job. We need the 5.1.1 update that fixes these issues. Or at least offer us a way out of this phone for something that actually works.

lkirkland88
Enthusiast - Level 2

It isnt about wanting the next big update, its about how bad this 5.0.1 update you guys gave us sucks. It broke GPS, battery, etc etc and the list goes on.

inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/comments/3jon3w/not_bad_battery_life_for_just_upgrading_to_511/

"I can say the same. Upgraded to 5.1.1 and everything is better. The "recent apps" lag is completely gone and the battery life is great."

Hmm, guess we'll just have to take their word on it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Luck10,

Having the latest treat on your phone is our priority. You can get notification of when a new update is available by clicking here http://vz.to/1EH0Qtf then enter your email and tap on Sign Up at the bottom of the screen.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

again...why is it taking Verizon so long to update the S5?

inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes