Verizon, thanks for leaving Note 7 users out to hang
WMRICHAR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the replacement Note 7 has been recalled, I pre-ordered the Google Pixel XL 128gb.  Today, I got a message that the pre-order Pixel XL's are sold out.  I am NOT an Apple person and I do NOT want to downgrade to a lesser model.  My only options now is to downgrade or wait a month or more for the 2nd batch to ship out?  My old cell phone (Note 4) was given to a family member and has since been activated for them.  So, I can't simply take the phone back.  I would have expected you to give Note 7 owners some kind of priority for the Pixel XL model.  After all, most Note 7 users have had to deal with TWO recalls, wasted time, wasted energy, and the risk that comes along with holding on to our Note 7's longer until the Pixel XL is available again.     

Re: Verizon, thanks for leaving Note 7 users out to hang
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

Prepare yourself for a poorly scripted "WMRICHAR, we understand this experience has been difficult. What features would you like in a phone. We have many wonderful phones to choose from"

Translation: sorry you got stuck on this deal. There's little we can do but inconvenience you further by offering phones that lack the features and capabilities of the phone you chose. Have a great day. Oh, btw, your bill is due in 3 days.

tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

LOL...hilarious.  Smiley Happy

Even so, that's true.  I'm, for one, only happened to use this forum since i joined the Note7 fiasco party.

Nothing much I noticed from this forum...

except, 1: VZN would (mostly) give auto-reply kinda response, and mostly for "politically correct" stuff and careful wordings.

or, 2: the VZN trolls would give us a lecture (sometimes in CAP letters), saying it's all our fault to struggle in this recall, but nothing on VZN, maybe a little Samsung, but don't blame verizon, bla bla bla...

Even worse, (and fun), those trolls mostly Not Owning Any Note7 AT ALL!! They're just hear trying to "help" on every single "reply" and gaining whatever funky forum points to be a top-notch contributors.  Search the top forum "contributors" (or non-contributors), they appeared pretty much in all our post, giving out not-so-helpful info.

What a world. 

Stephen_Nelson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, those of us that bought the Note 7 and traded in a phone are getting [Removed] by Verizon.

And of course like tc2013 says, the "concern" trolls will come on and tell you what you should have done and how it's really your fault that you don't have a working phone.

I was looking at the LG V20 which is finally available to pre-order today, or the Pixel, but decided to buy another phone off contract so I can upgrade whenever there is a Note 7 equivalent available.  Don't want to be locked into a 2-year contract or device payments for a lesser phone.

Inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator