Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) slow to initiate outbound calls
AtomicCompuDog

My Galaxy Note 3 has been slow to initiate calls from the standard dialer screen.  I have to wait anywhere from 30 to 45 seconds before I hear the call connect and start to ring.  What can be done to lessen this lag in the ability to call outbound from this phone?  My phone is an SM-N900V running Android 5.0.  I had a Galaxy Note 2 previously and did not encounter this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) slow to initiate outbound calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need to have a device that's functioning correctly! As that's somewhat an older phone I am curious when the last time a Factory Reset was done? For devices like this, resetting and refreshing it every 6 months or so will help ensure its running at its best. 

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AtomicCompuDog

The phone was purchased very recently (a factory refurbished unit) and was factory reset prior to using.  I took it to a Verizon store yesterday to have it looked at and they 1st powered off the phone and restarted it, then made a call to #832 to test it and it worked fine. They then made a call to an outbound cell number and it worked fine.  So, the Verizon Store rep could not duplicate the issue I'm experiencing.  The issue does not happen all of the time.  It happens periodically when I haven't made an outbound call in quite some time (a 12 hours or so period).  When I try to make the outbound call, I experience a wait time of anywhere from 30 - 45 seconds before the call connects and rings.  What other things might I do to help isolate what may be causing this issue?  I do not run a lot of apps on my phone and certainly none that are complex.  The phone is not rooted.  Utilization is very low for this phone and doing factory resets every 6 months or so is not an option I wish to use.  Is there any app I can install that might help me get to the root of this issue so that I can resolve it?  I just upgraded from a Galaxy Note 2 phone to this Galaxy Note 3 phone and had no issues like this with the Note 2 phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing the information Dennis. This is a very unique call trouble that you are having with your device. When was the last time that you placed a call? I would like to try using the phone and testing a few calls on Safe Mode. The following link will guide you on how to place your phone in Safe Mode. Try a few test calls when on Safe Mode and see what results you get. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-140276/

Roger_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes