Upgraded to Pie today...thought it was great until Play Store won't download anything
mldewey

Good afternoon all,

My Galaxy Note 9 upgraded to Pie this morning and all was fine until I accidentally deleted an app (Kasa Smart).  When I tried to re-install the app, it just stayed on downloading...  I then stopped it and decided to try and download other appes and updates in play store...same thing.   So, I searched the Web to find that other's on other phones and carriers have experienced the same problem with no apparent silver bullet.  I tried every suggestion out there...I tried clearing the cache/data for Google Play Store and restarting...no joy even though on a couple of occasions a download would try to go and stop at 97% and stay there.  I tried clearing the partition cache...no joy.  I REALLY don't want to go back to factory default unless absolutely necessary.  Any other tricks and tips out there for this.

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Pie today...thought it was great until Play Store won't download anything
mldewey

Screenshot_20190315-125350_Google Play Store.jpg

@mldewey wrote:

Good afternoon all,

My Galaxy Note 9 upgraded to Pie this morning and all was fine until I accidentally deleted an app (Kasa Smart).  When I tried to re-install the app, it just stayed on downloading...  I then stopped it and decided to try and download other appes and updates in play store...same thing.   So, I searched the Web to find that other's on other phones and carriers have experienced the same problem with no apparent silver bullet.  I tried every suggestion out there...I tried clearing the cache/data for Google Play Store and restarting...no joy even though on a couple of occasions a download would try to go and stop at 97% and stay there.  I tried clearing the partition cache...no joy.  I REALLY don't want to go back to factory default unless absolutely necessary.  Any other tricks and tips out there for this.

Thanks,

Mike

One example...

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Pie today...thought it was great until Play Store won't download anything
bearone21
Legend

you need to do one thing at a time & will probably need to re-boot & start over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mldewey,

We're so sorry to hear about this trouble happening after your update. We know folks have been waiting for a while to get their hands on Pie, and this isn't what you were looking forward to. I'm sure we can help get this sorted out for you. In taking a look at your post and your screenshot, it looks like you've covered most of the troubleshooting steps. You've also got your WiFi connection going with plenty of battery and storage, so those won't be the issue. I know you don't want to try a factory reset unless absolutely necessary, so I'll give you a couple more things you may want to try out first. You do have what appears to be the Verizon Security & Privacy app icon up at the top of your phone. There are some other security apps that also use a similar padlock, so if you don't use that same one, this will still apply. Many security apps will have trouble with new OS software until they get their own updates. I would recommend trying disabling the security app, and see if your issue goes away. If that doesn't do the trick, you can try running the phone in Safe Mode, to see if that works. If it does, that means you've got an app on the phone that isn't playing well with the new OS. You can enter Safe Mode by following these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218967/ It's very common to see issues during the first couple weeks of a new OS, as developers work to improve compatibility. If neither of those things work, the Factory Data Reset is the last option. You can use Samsung's Smart Switch software, available here, to backup your phone first: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00048603/ After the device is back up and running, you can recover your saved data in the same tool from the same menu. Does this information help? We'll be standing by in case you have additional questions for us.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes