Re: Unlocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
note3improvement
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally,  we have an answer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to waste your time when it comes to the 5G Nationwide Network, cb1vzw. When it comes to your Note 20, as long as you are using a 5G phone + 5G SIM + 5G Plan and are inside a 5G coverage you will be able to experience 5G. Based on the previous conversation you have covered all those steps so your device is ready for 5G but it is not working correctly. When it comes to the 5G update from Samsung, it is imperative that it gets downloaded to the phone. Were you able to install this update? We don't have any details from Samsung saying that Verizon 5G Nationwide is not supported on unlocked phones. 

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
JOHHAR19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Note 20 Ultra 5g unlocked from Samsung have had 5hrs of Conversations with both Samsung and Verizon with no positive results. Received this from Verizon yesterday. 

Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket, (NRB000010350719), is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 48hrs.. I was assigned a Tech 3 support person 2 weeks ago and they have not accomplished anything in the way of a Fix so myself and 100's of Thousands of other Unlocked Note 20 owners can Benefit from Verizon 5G services as Advertised. This is a Very Bad Situation for Verizon as they have known about this problem at the Latest October 14th when I brought this to their Attention . Samsung in 2 Conference Calls with Verizon and myself explained to Verizon that this is a Verizon Problem not Samsung. 

0 Likes
cb1vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reply to JOHHAR19...Congrats johhar19...you made it to tier 3 tech and were able to open a ticket...after speaking with tier 2, I was told there was nothing left to do but try to exchange phone which we know is not the problem and of course I would have to go through weeks of more chatting and talking...basically starting this process all over again...please keep us posted on your update...thank you...cb1vzw

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

For further clarification, note3improvement, phones not sold directly by Verizon are not guaranteed to work with our 5G service and also may not support all Verizon features. Also, only phones released by Verizon in 2020 will be able to use both our 5G Nationwide and 5G UW service while phones sold directly by Verizon that were initially released earlier than 2020 will be able to use 5G UW only. You can check out our 5G phones here: https://www.verizon.com/5g/phones/ If you have any other questions, just let us know. 

-RSM

0 Likes
note3improvement
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW support,  or lack of support is what it should be called.  You do realize the unlocked Note 20 5G phones can be used on any network ? In other words,  if VZW does not want to provide services to customers that own the unlocked model, you may find the customers take their business elsewhere.  

Also, kind of curious what VZW is doing in referenced to IPhone ? Considering they are all the same.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get the services functioning on your device and we want to do everything we can to ensure that this happens. Please allow us the opportunity to delve into this, so we can get a resolution. Can you please send us a Private Message? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You shouldn't have any unanswered concerns. Are there any questions I can help address today? VCarter_VZW 

0 Likes
bravoluis3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was really looking forward to purchasing a note 20 ultra unlocked, and connecting it to my existing Verizon number. I gotta say, I'm disappointed at after 18-19 years of being with Verizon, I may have to look for a new carrier. Sounds like this is a carrier specific issue with Verizon not willing to provide the software upgrade to unlocked phones. Anyone have recommendations on other carriers?

TI_Master

Verizon is blocking the unlocked Note 20 Ultras at the switch, regardless of the installed firmware.  I was able to confirm this by loading the latest official Verizon firmware on my "U1" phone.  My phone now thinks it is the "U" model on the Software Information settings about screen, has the VZW splash screen on bootup, and the VZW official apps on it.  I have the BTJ8 version of the firmware.   Regardless of the firmware, I am still blocked from 5G due to my IMEI.  Take all this for what it is worth.

0 Likes