Unable to return - Note 7
MATHIS35

I have one of the "safe" Note 7's that we're still hearing about catching fire. Per many stories on tech blogs, Verizon has started to allow returns/exchanges of these second gen Notes as well. I chatted with online tech support and that was verified, including that any restocking fee would be waived. Just have to take it to any Verizon store and they'll swap it out with something else. This was after verifying my account, date of purchase, etc. So I call local store to get stock of S7s, and he tells me they can't accept a return or exchange because it's been 16 days since original delivery. Sorry. That's all. Store manager told me that until they receive official word from Samsung that there is another issue, they can't make exceptions to the 14 day rule. I tried to explain I'd already spoken to someone at Verizon and confirmed it was ok. He put me on hold, did something, then came back saying yes, it can be returned only within the 14 days. Nice.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to return - Note 7
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

Oh my, MATHIS35. We’re truly disappointed to hear you were not able to return your current device. The Samsung device is being investigated but you do have the option to return the device for another model. All corporate store locations should be able to assist with this exchange. You can find store locations here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/. Where did you receive your device? What store did you stop into, to try and return it?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRYDIS69

Quick question - what if the phone was not purchased at a Verizon Corporate store, but at a Verizon TCC Store.

0 Likes
ANGCUT14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can it be exchanged for the Pixel phone?

0 Likes
NIKCLA86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also tried returning my (second) Note 7 today at a corporate store and I was told that I had to return it online (they weren't accepting the phones in the stores).  I went to Verizon online and for some reason my "My Devices" display is not displaying, so I called customer service and spoke with a really nice woman named Pam who told me it was a glitch and others were experiencing it as well.  I was also told that I have to pay a $20 upgrade fee to downgrade back to my Note 5... seriously?  They can credit it back to my account, but they have to charge me first.  Um, why?  I even tried online and there it is... $20 fee!!!  I've had no phone since I powered down, but funny, the phone is sitting right next to me because I can't drop it off at any Verizon, or even at the delivery center (aren't the going to take them anyway), I can't even get a "special box" mailed to me from Verizon unless I pay the $20 "Upgrade Fee" (to be credited)... if this phone is too dangerous to use, then why are you forcing me to keep it in my home?  After searching for some way to participate in this recall, I called again and a customer service man told me to put the phone outside, but not to let it get wet.  (Why would that matter?)  Please tell me HOW to return my phone (without the price-gouging "Upgrade Fee").  I just want the free box so I can return my Note 7.  HOW DO I GET ONE please?

Thank you.

This is the link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/cart/cart.jsp

Screenshot 2016-10-13 21.58.04.jpg

LatoyaH
Enthusiast - Level 3

That rule ( to exchange at the store)  was changed on Oct. 12th.  I went to return at the store.  They told me no and I will get a box from Samsung.  Samsung said contact Verizon for the box.  Which is it.  Verizon have my $300 I paid for this phone.  What is the rule today, Oct. 14th?!!! Since neither of you will take the phone!

e_squared13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, seriously. I have TWO of these phones in my house, and I was told the same thing - Samsung would send me a kit to return the first one. So I ordered another replacement over the phone a few days ago, still nothing from Verizon OR Samsung. Yet, I will be charged if they are not returned. Local stores not taking them either. Can I get some flippin "fire proof" bags or what, Verizon?!

SUSMAI73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon (in store and customer service line) will not tell me how to RETURN my second note 7.  Their instructions on the web indicate only an exchange is possible.  WTH Verizon? I spoke with Samsung, and as of today, they claim I can get a full refund for my note 7 and to do this, GO TO the location I purchased the device from in person to get the refund.  I have been to that store 3 times in the past week  -- they WILL NOT take the phone.  They tell me to "wait for the box" and after a suitable return time I MIGHT get an account credit.  I paid $360 for that phone/activation fee and accessory.  I am not confident that I will see that money again and I have a potential fire hazard in my home.  Extremely disappointed in Verizon.

SUSMAI73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted on another thread that my return and refund of note 7 was completed at a verizon corporate store by showing the store manager the answer to the multiple questions about return and refund of note 7s. I appreciate the assistance of rosannem at verizon and the people on this community wIllinois to share their knowledge.

0 Likes
glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I "exchanged" my Note 7 at a Corporate store on Oct 21st, but they said at the time I had to keep the old Note 7 until the fireproof box shows up, which would automatically be sent.

I drained the battery down until the Note 7 shut off (no power, less chance of fire?), and here it sits at my home on a concrete pad, waiting for the return kit....

No Verizon or Samsung person can confirm a return kit is on it's way to me, or how long the average wait time will be.

Verizon said 3 times Samsung would send the box, Samsung CS  at 855-726-8721 just told me a few minutes ago Verizon will send the box, and asked me to hold while they called Verizon for me. I told Samsung CS Verizon still has not unified their staff to this issue and process and good luck. Samsung said Verizon has a web page devoted to the information. When Samsung returned from talking to Verizon for me, she said it took long because that Verizon person did not know about the webpage and also could not confirm a return kit was on it's way.

Samsung pointed me to Verizon.com/support then to scroll down for Note 7 information.

I knew the return kit would not show up the next day, I just would like to know it is on it's way.

Meanwhile, I am happy with my Edge, not happy the old, dead Note 7 is sitting around, even on a concrete slab. Sure my insurance company would agree.

Will follow up when the return kit arrives.