Touch screen sensitivity Note 8
Imasparklegirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can someone tell me how to adjust the touch screen sensitvity on the Note 8? My glass protector is making it very difficult to navigate. The pointer speed option is not making a difference at all.

Re: Touch screen sensitivity Note 8
lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

Congratulations on your new device, Imasparklegirl. It's important to be able to use your touch screen fully. As touch screen calibration isn't supported on this device, it's possible that a screen protector may impact how your screen functions. So we can better understand this issue, please tell us more about what happens when you try to use your touch screen since applying the screen protector.

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Imasparklegirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi thank you for getting back to me. I have to keep tapping the screen to

make the screen recognize the letter that I'm typing. It's like I have to

tap it hard for it to register.

Thank you,

Heather

0 Likes
DLK1952
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my Note 8. Went back to the Verizon store where I bought my phone and also my screen protector and the customer service rep told me that there wasn't anything wrong with my phone that it was just me and that's [removed]. Please Verizon tell us how we can get back the touch sensitivity that we've had on the other Samsung phones even with a screen protector. Anxiously awaiting your reply to our problem.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi imasparklegirl,

I understand that having to press harder on your screen is not the best experience. While I have a screen protector on my phone, to give me that peace of mind. I'm happy to help you adjust your touch screen settings. Please go to settings-display-navigation bar-hard press home button. Once that is done, please test it out and let me know how it goes.

Thanks so much,

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Imasparklegirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I tried that and it doesn't seem to help. Is there anything else

that could help?

Thanks

On Sep 23, 2017 6:51 PM, "ChristinaB_VZW" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
RADTECHMUSCLE

I'm having the same problem and its with the whole screen and not just the home button. What kind of screen protector do you have on your phone? I'm wondering if that is something to do with it? I don't want to leave the screen unprotected but wondering if there is a better option than what I have.

0 Likes
Imasparklegirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm attaching a picture of the screen protector that I bought. It was

supposed to be case friendly...Which it is. I bought a case from Caseology.

I think I am going to search for another screen protector as well to see if

it makes a difference.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no attachment. You need to add the image to the thread directly and not in a reply via email.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Imasparklegirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't communicate through the community forum because everytime I sign in

it wants me to create an account. I already have an account. This is

driving me nuts!

Here is the link to where I purchased the screen protector. Hopefully this

comes through. If not then go to Amazon and search for Herhea screen

protector for the note 8. To double check that it's the one that I

purchased there should be a review with a rose gold Caseology case with the

protector on the phone.