Time Zone Changed Automatically??
JayDubbaya
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband received an update that changed his time zone and/or required him to select his time zone after the update was pushed through. Co-workers of his also on Verizon experienced the same thing. Then,t this morning, even though I have a note 10 and he has an S10 plus, (even though I haven't received an update), it automatically changed my time zone. Anyone else experienced anything similar? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Time Zone Changed Automatically??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JayDubbaya,

I'm sorry to hear that the software update impacted the time zone setting on your Note 10. It's important this gets fixed and I'm here to help. Can you tell if the update impacted any other settings on your phone? You mentioned that your time zone automatically changed. Has it displayed the wrong time zone since this update?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
cholmes1170

Hi Verizon

My husband and I are both experiencing this problem on our phones.  I have a Samsung S9 and he has a Motorola Play Force 2.  We are on the same plan with 4 other phones.  The other phones do not seem to be experiencing the same issue (although we have not talked with all of them).  

It started today and I finally went into my settings and turned off automatically updating the date and time to get it to stay in the eastern time zone where we live.  

I tried turning off the automatic settings prior to this twice and giving it time.  I even restarted my phone after turning it off.  I also restarted my phone twice without changing the settings.  

We have not experienced any issues prior to this.  

Suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cholmes1170, making sure that your device displays the correct time is essential. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble with two of your devices showing the wrong time zone. Please tell us, is your device software up to date on both phones? Does the issue persist when you enable Safe Mode on your phones? To find out how to put your devices in Safe Mode, please follow the links below.

Samsung Galaxy S9: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216817/

Moto z2 Force: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-213335/ 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes