Talk to text copying after sending..
darly
Enthusiast - Level 3

All of a sudden my talk to text is copying the message and I'm having to erase the duplicate text before sending.  If I've sent the text, it will put the same text I sent in a new one.  Yes, I've cleared the cache.  I've uninstalled the updates to Google.  This is very annoying.  Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Talk to text copying after sending..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
darly,

Texting should be an easy thing. It is alarming to see you have been having this issue. I just need a little more information form you. How long has this been going on? Is this occurring in just your text message app or other apps as well? What message app are you using?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Talk to text copying after sending..
darly
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope this will help someone who has spent hours with the same problem. 

Well, it's the basic texting app.  However, I spent about an hour on Chat with a customer rep.  He tried several things, including deleting the app. and a several other suggestions.  Nothing helped, so we did a system update repair. 

After the repair, I started uninstalling and shutting off apps I don't use.  One by one, I checked to see if the texts were duplicating on the screen after the initial one.  Nope.  Must have fixed the problem. 

On another note, when I shut off the Google (the colored "G" in the white circle) the speaker disappeared and I did lose the option for talk to text.  Won't do that again. 

Long story short...I don't want to have this happen again, but short of repairing the software (I did lose downloaded programs) I would suggest possibly shutting down the Google app or disabling it, rebooting the phone to see if that was also the problem with the duplication problem. 

0 Likes