Switching new note 3 with my old iphone?
khnam

So I currently have a family plan that all of our phones are eligible for an upgrade.

Unfortunately, upgrading a phone is actually more expensive than buying as a new customer/adding a new line..

I am thinking about buying a phone on amazon.com, where galaxy note 3 is $199 right now, add that into my current family plan, THEN switch the devices (with my old iphone and new note 3) so i can keep my old phone number then disconnect the other line.

my question is, if I switch the devices, would I end up with 2-year-agreement on my note 3(that I switched into my old phone number)

OR my old iphone that gets the new number will have the new 2-year-agreement?

I can't explain any easier/clearer on this but hope someone understands what i'm saying.

any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching new note 3 with my old iphone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Thursday khnam,

I'm glad to see that you are excited to upgrade to a new device. The Note 3 is an excellent choice. As you may know, the prices on devices will vary on the retailer. Keep in mind that 3rd party retailers may also have an EXTRA contract on the device/service in exchange for the extreme discount. My suggestion is if you are interested in purchasing a device from another retailer then please read the fine print in details so you can make an informed decision. As much as we like to think so, not all retailers are treated equally.

As far as canceling a line of service, the new contract will be on the new mobile number if you decide to get a new line of service. Contract dates can NOT be switched from mobile number to mobile number. So if you currently have 4 lines and a 5th line is open then you have the choice of canceling one of the original 4 lines, if one is out of contract, or keep and pay for all 5 lines. I hope that this helps put the situation in perspective for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you adding a new line to get the Note 3 from Amazon? Are you then going to cancel this new line shortly after switching the devices?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Thursday khnam,

I'm glad to see that you are excited to upgrade to a new device. The Note 3 is an excellent choice. As you may know, the prices on devices will vary on the retailer. Keep in mind that 3rd party retailers may also have an EXTRA contract on the device/service in exchange for the extreme discount. My suggestion is if you are interested in purchasing a device from another retailer then please read the fine print in details so you can make an informed decision. As much as we like to think so, not all retailers are treated equally.

As far as canceling a line of service, the new contract will be on the new mobile number if you decide to get a new line of service. Contract dates can NOT be switched from mobile number to mobile number. So if you currently have 4 lines and a 5th line is open then you have the choice of canceling one of the original 4 lines, if one is out of contract, or keep and pay for all 5 lines. I hope that this helps put the situation in perspective for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes