Stagefright update running for 2.5 hours, so far!
dbreen000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess I'll have to let it run overnight then bring it to the store tomorrow while it's still updating. I'm NOT going to try to restart in the middle of an update!

Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stagefright update running for 2.5 hours, so far!
dbreen000
Enthusiast - Level 1

A great CS rep named Marianne helped me via Verizon chat on this website! I had to pull the battery then the update process restarted and completed properly. Marianne said that the update process has been hanging for some people.

The Android update process is more robust than I realized. Google has learned the lessons of Linux well.

I'm still going to go for a stock Nexus 6 for my next phone. There are too many cooks in this kitchen!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Stagefright update running for 2.5 hours, so far!
dbreen000
Enthusiast - Level 1

A great CS rep named Marianne helped me via Verizon chat on this website! I had to pull the battery then the update process restarted and completed properly. Marianne said that the update process has been hanging for some people.

The Android update process is more robust than I realized. Google has learned the lessons of Linux well.

I'm still going to go for a stock Nexus 6 for my next phone. There are too many cooks in this kitchen!

0 Likes